jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Why is my traffic falling?

1. xanzacow profile image70
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

Why is my traffic falling?

I posted a "help" in the forum and got response from one. Please critique my work and tell me what I am doing wrong. Is it my grammar, my subject matter? Please help.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Is it falling very recently, or over a longer period of time? It is a weekend and it's also the summer, so there aren't as many people online right now.

3. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

xanzacow...I haven't found anything wrong with your writes...I have noticed mine going down the same way..perhaps our subjects aren't interesting enough to the masses. I know when I sometimes write, my sense of humor goes over ones head...I know that for a fact, cause ppeople have told me...and if I have to explain..
    what's the use ? If I figure out why I will share with you.....

4. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

Did you post in the Extreme Hub Makeover thread?  That's the place to ask for critiques - and if you do, make sure to specify which Hubs you want people to look at.  It's asking a lot, to ask people to visit all your Hubs!

I had a quick look at a few.  They were all quite short and were mainly just text, with  one image and no videos.  You need to aim for 800+ words, and look for more videos and photos to decorate your Hub.

As for subject matter - when choosing a subject, ask yourself, "what will people need to type into Google to find this Hub".  Then ask yourself, "is anyone likely to do that?"

The other thing is that you have only 18 Hubs.  Your sub-domain is like its own website.  A website with only 18 pages is not going to impress Google.  If you're only able to write small numbers of articles, then you'd be better off at a site where your articles are part of one huge site - like Infobarrel or Wizzley.

xanzacowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marissa. Duely noted. I will work on making my hubs longer with more extras. Yes. That was where I posted. Thanks again!

2. menash profile image60
      menashposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You appear like you know your stuff, so if you don't  mind to check out my stuff. My problem is the traffic is great for the new hubs but then the old hubs start falling drastically in traffic.

5. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

Mine have been going down the drain too. I don't understand why, it's more than likely hubpages "improved" layout seeing as I was doing quite well up until that changed...

6. Rain Defence profile image93
    Rain Defenceposted 5 years ago

Your titles aren't the sort of thing people would google. If someone wanted to stop smoking they'd search for 'how to stop smoking' or 'tips on stopping smoking' or whatever. They're extremely unlikely to type 'end enslavement to the cigarette'. This is what you need to bear in mind when making your titles.

I did have it "How to quit smoking" but was encouraged to change the title in the forum. That was included in my one answer. So I did...... ok thank you. Poit well taken.

7. hi friend profile image60
    hi friendposted 5 years ago

Don't worry about the falling traffic.  It's sometimes seasonal.  Write more and more quality hubs.  The traffic will definitely rise.

8. xanzacow profile image70
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

Thank you all for your answers and encouragement. Very much appreciated!

9. vocalcoach profile image98
    vocalcoachposted 5 years ago

As a member of hubpages for just a little over 2 years I have experienced fluctuations in my traffic.  These are some of the things I look at:

1.  Is my title clear and to the point?

2.  Am I using enough keywords?

3. Is my content rich and unique?

4. How long is my hub?

5. Have a provided enough tags with keywords?

6. Do I have enough backlinking?

7. Have I linked to at least 2 other hubs on the same subject?

8. I check grammar and spelling.

9. I make sure I comment every day on a few hubs.

10. I pray!  :-)

I sincerely hope this will help you.  Good question to ask.

Good suggestions. Thank you!