jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

I need to change my username .

1. chicagoguy profile image60
    chicagoguyposted 4 years ago

I need to change my username .  kind of feeling like stuck , there is no option ...
    Hubpages should allow people to change the username,,, iguess there are many people like me
    who feel they are stuck !

1. alancaster149 profile image86
      alancaster149posted 4 years ago in reply to this

What's wrong with chicagoguy? I think it describes you as you want to be seen, accepted in your new niche for what you are!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As Simone says, if you changed your username then the URLs of all your Hubs would change, so you'd lose the benefit of your year anyway.

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

Just open a new account?

3. chicagoguy profile image60

but then i lose my one year worth on hubpages !

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'd be happy to lose my two years worth.  People expect me to have learnt how to write by now.

4. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Sorry about that, chicagoguy! I'm afraid because we have domain names set, we can't go about changing usernames- your best bet is to start a new account and move everything over to it.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

5. chicagoguy profile image60

thanks Simone and Mark !! gotta think about that !!
    appreciate your  feedback .

1. That Grrl profile image78
      That Grrlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My username has a space in it. So it gets rejected when I try to join things on HubPages, like the Apprenticeship Program. I wish we could change them too. Mine must break something. At least I haven't had trouble when it comes to getting payment from HP. That would be a reason to start with a new account for sure.

working