jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

What are Level _ Commentors?

1. CJ Monet profile image60
    CJ Monetposted 4 years ago

I notice that some comments have a caption like "lever 5 Commentor or Level 8 Commentor. I searched the FAQ's but still am not sure what this means.

2. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

I don't recall where it is in the Learning Center but the more you comment on hubs, leaving insightful, supportive, or helpful comments, overtime, the higher your level rises. You can also be "demoted" if you stop commenting for a long time.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My awesome Level I status remains intact...

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Level 1 is the best, right?
        Or is it like the Ph scale where 7.0 is on the level?
        C'mon, level with me.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
          paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In all levelness, Level I is one step above total slacker. lol

1. Paul Maplesden profile image88
            Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

1 is also the totality of everything, the sum of existence if you will. Wear that completeness with pride my friend.

2. aa lite profile image92
      aa liteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually I'm not sure it takes the "insightful, supportive, or helpful" into account.  I think it's just a measure of how many comments you leave on other hubs. 

I strongly suspect that it is a logarithmic scale, so it doesn't take long to get to level 2, but getting to level 7 from level 6 is probably quite hard.

1. janshares profile image88
        jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You may be right, aa lite. However, with each level you reach, you're given % stats about your standing and how it's  due to your feedback and opinions. For example 2% of all hubbers are at some level. At Level 6, I represent 9% of all Leveled hubbers. But I do stand corrected, not all Level 8 hubbers may leave "insightful" comments; maybe just a lot. smile

3. Careermommy profile image87
    Careermommyposted 4 years ago

It means that this person leaves insightful and thoughtful comments on other people's hubs.  The levels range from Level 1-Level 8, with 8 being the highest.

4. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

Jan. How did you get to level 6 so quickly?   Fantastic!!

1. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have no idea. I wish I understood a lot of things I should feel good about so I can duplicate it like 100+ daily views in only one of 35 hubs. Why? I write the same way, try to use same formula. I guess it will all come in due time. That hub I refer to is a recipe, my 2nd hub last summer when I didn't know jack! Go figure.

5. brakel2 profile image86

The higher the better.

6. brakel2 profile image86

If you look at the accolade, it spells it out. This is on the level.

7. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Level VIII is the highest of the Great Commenter levels. The more comments you leave, and the longer they are, the better. Also, commenting on your own work only goes so far- you've got to comment on OTHERS Hubs and not just respond to comments on your own Hubs. Really short comments can hurt your score. The level is determined by activity in the last six months or so, so it can go down if one becomes inactive. That's the gist! big_smile

working