jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Answering comments left on hubs

1. charlie cheesman profile image73
    charlie cheesmanposted 4 years ago

I am not sure what other people think about Answering comments left on hubs,
    But I was going to say a little some thing after people have taken there tie to leave a comment,
    Is there a way to tag people who have commented or will they be notified that i have replied  any way?

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If they are following the hub, they will be notified that you have replied. No worries, most people who have commented on a hub do follow it as they are interested to see what others have to say and to see your response.

1. dwachira profile image86
        dwachiraposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hubbers who are following the hub usually get notifications, but what about guest readers who comment or ask questions. I have a hub series that attract questions from guest readers, most are students who comment and ask questions. I know these are questions that bother them and i try and answer them as soon as possible. Although they can still ask these questions through fan mail option, I wish If there could be another quicker option to notify them.

2. charlie cheesman profile image73
    charlie cheesmanposted 4 years ago

Thank you Cardisa and Dwachira for your answers I replied to peoples comments then a box appeared saying reply next to there names

3. StitchTheDamned profile image90
    StitchTheDamnedposted 4 years ago

There is that reply box that you had talked about. When on mobile, this box doesn't appear. It is a really good idea to answer people back. I like when Hubbers do that. It really makes me more interested in what else they have on their page.

charlie cheesmanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks stich

4. yupperclub profile image80
    yupperclubposted 4 years ago

I only answer people back when it's worthwhile.  Sometimes I even deny the comments if they are not appropriate to the hub or just insulting or outright nonsensical.  Sometimes I just ignore them.  Sometimes, if someone is really making an effort to communicate something worthwhile, I will make sure or at least try to reply with something equally thought -filled - even if only a sentence or two.

yupperclub i understand  what you mean about deny if the comments are not topical or worth while being there thanks

5. Phenomenalapse profile image82
    Phenomenalapseposted 4 years ago

I almost always respond to comments posted so long as they are constructive and have no problem doing so. Content in all areas of my hubpages account makes me happy whether it's comments, ratings, fan-mail, followers, or accolades.

Phenomenalapse Thanks i have not really got in to understanding the ratings, fan-mail, followers, or accolades. yet

working