jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (15 posts)

Not getting notifications of comments on some hubs.

1. Bendo13 profile image86
    Bendo13posted 6 years ago

I've noticed lately that for some reason, I won't get notifications of comments on random hubs... all my other ones still email me though.

Then I go look the main page on here and it says I have like 23 comments that I haven't approved yet...

So I go look and they're way old and sure enough somehow it has it as if I unfollowed the hub, which I didn't...  I never stop following the comments on my own hubs and I don't know why this keeps happening.

It's happened to at least 4 of my hubs so far and it's usually some with the most comments and traffic.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You should check to make sure that you are following those Hubs.  If not, just click the follow button at the top of the comments section.

Bendo13posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is set up to automatically follow my own hubs right after I publish them and it normally does.

But I have NEVER unfollowed my own hubs so I don't know why it does that.

It's doing it on its own from what I can tell and the only way I notice is if I go to the home page on here when I'm logged in, otherwise I get no notification.

2. Bendo13 profile image86

It just did it again for a hub I replied to a comment on yesterday...

Not sure what's up.

I'll hit follow on it once again and see if it happens again for that one.

3. Bendo13 profile image86

Yeah this is definitely a glitch in the system...
        It did it again to one of my most commented hubs and I had just replied to a comment on there yesterday and was still following it then.

I never hit the button to unfollow it so there is no reason for it.

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So you've confirmed on the Hubs that you did not get notifications on, that you weren't following it, but you just don't know why?  Can you post links to a couple of the Hubs that have exhibited the problem?  There certainly could be a bug ...

Yeah I had never unfollowed them, it just randomly unfollowed itself... I use IE 9 usually.

Here are three that I know have done this:

http://bendo13.hubpages.com/hub/August- … Record-Day

http://bendo13.hubpages.com/hub/How-to- … Make-Money

http://bendo13.hubpages.com/hub/How-to- … ST-Markets

The last two have gotten a ton of comments so that might be why but I don't know about the first one.

The second one I just listed above just did it again today.

I even got an email saying I had a comment, clicked through to check it out and I noticed right away that it had unfollowed the comments.

I just scrolled down and looked and saw it was for a comment I had already answered (I replied to like 3 comments at once).  So perhaps that's part of the issue. 

I went through my emails, saw the last notification I had a comment, went there and saw a few comments, replied to them all, then kept checking my emails, saw another notification, clicked it forgetting I had already answered it and noticed it was now unfollowed and then saw I already answered it.

Hmm that theory isn't true I guess because I just clicked through again on a different notification (after I had already replied to them all) and it's still following it after I just re-followed it.

But that post has 222 total comments, 4 of which came through when I was sleeping... so somehow with those 4 new comments added and me clickthing through to check up on them, somewhere it disconnected and unfollowed itself.

2. Ari Lamstein profile image79
      Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Bendo13,

Thank you for reporting this bug.  I have isolated the issue and submited a fix.  It should be released shortly.

Ari

Cool thanks!

2. Bendo13 profile image86

Did that fix ever go through?  Just noticed it did it again on like 4 hubs... all about 10 days ago.

1. Terishere profile image61
          Terishereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Bendo, I posted the same topic. I'm not getting notifications either.

2. Ari Lamstein profile image79
          Ari Lamsteinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Bendo,

Yes, the fix did go thru - though it took quite a bit longer than I expected!  It looks like I my post about a fix was made about 14 days ago, and you noticed problems 4 days after that.  That doesn't surprise me.  I'm not sure how long it took for the fix to go out, but it could have been a full week.  Please let us know if you encounter the same problem going forward.

I'm going from memory here, but I believe that the actual repro steps were as follows: 
            1.  comment on your own hub.
            2.  edit that comment.
          result: you are no longer following your hub.

I believe that as soon as the fix was deployed I tested this on my own Hub and verified that it worked.

Alright, I'll let you know if I notice it again.

But yeah, it might have been from editing my comments since I do have to do that sometimes.

working