jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

Dumb question. How do you get words to come up blue in hubs?

1. 0
    Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago

I know, I'm stupid at times.  I'm just not computer literate but I'm learning.  Snickers are allowed smile

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

How about candy Snickers? I'm hungry.

You can give a Text Capsule (and some other capsules) a blue background by making it float to the right (a requirement for the different backgrounds) and selecting from the two alternate color options (they appear to the left, under the subtitle and above the text input area).

2. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just feel like hugging some hubbers!

2. Theophanes profile image95
    Theophanesposted 3 years ago

Do you mean linked words? They come up with blue text... You just have to highlight the word during editing and push the button that looks like a chain. It'll give you somewhere to write in the link address. Otherwise if you are just looking for blue text I am clueless.

1. 0
      Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yup, that's what I mean.  I have to laugh at myself sometimes.  Thank you.

1. Theophanes profile image95
        Theophanesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No problem, we all have to start somewhere. smile

1. 0

big_smile  yes we do

2. healthmom profile image59
          healthmomposted 3 years ago in reply to this

thanks, figured it out too:) 
          off topic, I had to laugh!  On my new hub about saving money on groceries google posted an ad for 'high end' home furnishings.  If you don't have enough money for groceries.... 
          guess I won't be seeing much traffic from that link...lol

1. 0

ha ha ha too funny.

3. healthmom profile image59
    healthmomposted 3 years ago

I am also new to online writing, I've been trying to link words too.., I can't find the button your talking about.  What's it called?  I had that dumb question too Sarra!  Your not the only one.

1. 0

I'm so glad I can ask dumb questions and get good answers.  LMAO.  Must be my silver hair, yeah, I'll blame it on that.

2. agapsikap profile image56
      agapsikapposted 3 years ago in reply to this

After submitting 8 hubs I had finally figured out how to link words.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Theophanes has the information you need to create a hyperlink (hey - I had the 'blue words' question early on, too!).  One nice feature is that if you're linking to one of your own hubs, after that hub's title is in HP's system, it will drop down as a choice.  You just click on it and it is hyperlinked.  The drop-down hubs will relate to the words you are hyperlinking - so if you have a hub for a good entree recipe and want to link to a hub you wrote that has a good salad recipe to go with it, make sure the 'blue' words will relate to the title, and your hub should pop up.

You can also see hubs from other writers.  And, as Theophanes, said, there's a field where you can just insert a URL (to link to another website, or to insert a hub that is too new to pop up automatically.

The 'chain' icon appears in the toolbar after you highlight the words in your text.  To undo a linked page, just highlight it again, and click on the 'broken' link, and it will go away.

Hope this helps!

1. 0

Thanks Marcy.  I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering about the blue words.  LOL.  See ya learn something everyday.

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 3 years ago

You're going to want to read this page,

6. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

If you are referring to using words in your hub as links (which appear in blue color)... you'd have to edit capsule, select word or phrase you want to use as a link and then click on the link icon and proceed from there by entering the URL (link) and clicking to create the link. Doing so will make that word or phrase blue in color and clicking on it will take visitors to that link you specified. If you just want to make a word blue without creating a link as far as I know that is not possible here on Hub.

7. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 3 years ago

I'm not sure if you can do it in your Hub text capsule, but here in the forums, you can make part of your reply in the standard colors..red, green, blue, violet, orange, etc., or any hex coded color [#nnnnnn], just by inserting the following code into your reply:

[ color = blue ] Hey...I just turned blue! [ /color ]

note: I had to add spaces inside the braces, so you could see the code, so be sure and remove all the spaces inside the braces. Anyway, this is how it actually looks below:

Hey...I just turned blue!

Here's a neat utility to pick your own hex color. Just replace the word 'blue' in the previous code above, with the hex number you see at colorpicker.com. Be sure to include the hash mark [#] at the beginning. Have fun.

Just don't go nuts with it, huh? It makes me eyes hurt... smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago in reply to this

TMI _ timourous. most of us get a headache  trying to do those things.

2. Sheri Faye profile image87
      Sheri Fayeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have been wondering too about blue words. I have seen other hubs have blue words for quotes etc. and don't think they were links. I love the look...classy!