jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

How to add alt attributes to images on hubpages?

1. gags3480 profile image42
    gags3480posted 3 years ago

I read that adding Alt attributes to your images increases page rank. But, my browser doesn't allows to edit page source. Any other way?

1. WalterPoon profile image90
      WalterPoonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Name of source" is already the "alt" attributes that you are talking about. Or am I mistaken?

gags3480posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thx for the response Walterpoon & your feedback.

2. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's the caption that is given that tag, unless I am quite mistaken. This is why we encourage people to give their photos short, descriptive captions.

Glad that I always do that. Thx for the useful info.

2. WalterPoon profile image90

Simone, "Name of source" or "caption"? "Name of source" replaces the url, when it is displayed. The purpose of the "alt" is for those who are using computers that cannot display graphics.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/smallb … es-34.html

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Simone, can you confirm that?

Since most blogging platforms offer a place to put a caption, a place to put a source and a separate place to put the alt tag, it never occurred to me that HubPages had managed to make the caption do double duty.  Like Walter, I'm not at all sure that's the case, because it doesn't display the same way.

It's always been a frustration for me that we can't add the "alt" tag, which everyone says is so important.

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
          calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Simone's info is correct, you can look at the page source to see how your caption text is placed in both the alt and title attributes within the img HTML tag.

You are write. Thx for the feedback.

2. WalterPoon profile image90

Calculus-geometry, that was brilliant! I never thought of viewing the page source!

I based my answer on the Mediawiki software where the caption is not the "alt" tag.  But come to think of it, the HubPages method is more superior.

working