Not getting any google ads earnings

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (32 posts)
  1. akhildev143 profile image78
    akhildev143posted 10 years ago

how can we get money from google ads through hubpages?? I submitted for ads and got approved a month ago but my ads balance is still 0$. Do I need to add each article url to adsense account??

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You need to make sure your account is connected to Adsense in the earnings section.

2. profile image0
      CroftRoanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I signed up for Google adsense quite some time ago and I have made all of $0.04. It won't make you a lot but every bit counts. I recommend focusing on the HubPages ad program and let Google simmer for a bit.

3. phdast7 profile image82
      phdast7posted 10 years agoin reply to this

My earlier lengthy comment was directed to Californium.  But it might help you also.

However, I just looked briefly at a few of your hubs.    I am not trying to be negative, but your problem is not just Adsense.   You have very few hubs, many of them have no comments and probably not too many views.    You need to study some other sucessful hubbers and learn to do what they do.  There is not shotcut to riches or even the middle class on HP.

You have to write well, follow well, comment, improve your hubs, network outside of HP if you want.   There are lots and lots of hubs in the learning center that will help you.   But you have have to take 4-6 hours and read them carefully and apply what you learn to your hubs.   QUESTIONS are fine, but you need to do the "hard work" of studying, learning , and improving your hubs ....then earnings will come, but very slowly.

Earning money at HP is a MARATHON, not a SPRINT.
         Want Income?   Do the WORK!

4. profile image0
      Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree with others to make sure your AdSense is set up correctly, as well as working to improve your hubs for more traffic and better ranking on Google.

5. Tim Chirillo profile image70
      Tim Chirilloposted 10 years agoin reply to this

you needs tons of quality hubs. Also adsense pays you on clicks, not impressions like HP program does

6. Tim Chirillo profile image70
      Tim Chirilloposted 10 years agoin reply to this

currently I make more off HP then adsense. On my hubs at least, adsense does OK for me on my blogs

2. akhildev143 profile image78

Its active. But my url associated with google ads is akhildev143.hubpages.com . I gave this url when I submitted that form for adsense.

3. akhildev143 profile image78

Is that why I am not getting any earnings? My article views are above 300 last week but in adsense account, it is only 34 and no clicks. I think google is considering my home page only.

Do you have HP ads connected?

Google will serve adverts where ever you tell it to. In this case, your entire account. 300 is fairly low views wise, and I'm sure some are internal. So as long as you're getting impressions, no clicks wouldn't be unusual.

4. cornwall_UK profile image70
    cornwall_UKposted 10 years ago

Make sure you have clicked on My Earnings, EARNINGS, Settings, then Adsense and copy/pasted your ID number into Hubpages.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

If you have Hubads enabled and got 300 views, 0 from adsense would be completely normal.

1. SagaSphere profile image64
      SagaSphereposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Are you suggesting that with Hub-ads disabled, adsense revenue would rise?

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Of course.  Thatis how it works.

When you enable Hubads you show only one tiny Adsense ad per hub which earns next to nothing.

The flip side is that you will earn nothing from Hubads and will probably earn less overall.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As psycheskinner says, if you have HubAds enabled then most of the ads on your Hubs are HubAds, not Adsense.  Therefore you won't earn much from Adsense - but then you're earning from HubAds instead, and usually they earn more than Adsense.

6. akhildev143 profile image78

How can it be disabled?? I mean hubads..

Have you applied for Hubads? After you turn on Adsense, you need to apply for Hubads separately.

1. akhildev143 profile image78
        akhildev143posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes Hubpages Ad Program is active. Is that it??

Yes. As Marisa stated above, if the HPads are on, you only have one Adsense advert, so you won't earn much through Adsense.

7. gqgirl profile image66
    gqgirlposted 10 years ago

Took me two years before I really started earning

8. akhildev143 profile image78

Oh .. got it.. thanks for the info guys... but which is better HPads or adsense??

I personally prefer HPAds. You usually get more, there's a lower payout, and you'll slowly earn a few cents with Adsense anyway.

9. rumanasaiyed profile image73
    rumanasaiyedposted 10 years ago

You will not see much earning form Google Adsense. HP earning is quite better than Google Adsense.

10. califonium profile image59
    califoniumposted 10 years ago

i have published 14 articles on my hub page out of that fourteen only five is featured  but still Google wont just accept my ad sense application, i have tried for over a month and the reply i get is "insufficient content" how hubs must i published before i can be allowed to earn? because i really want to earn

1. phdast7 profile image82
      phdast7posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Earnings come very, very slowly.   All or most of your hubs need to be highlighted, not just published.   I din't earn more that a few cents a moth until I had 50 "quality, well- designed, easy to read"  hubs published.   I now have 100 ALL HIGHLIGHTED hubs and on average I earn 10 dollars a month, but I ahve been on HP for almost two years,

I took a quick look at your hub titles and another problem you may encounter is your subjects.   You can of course write about anything you want, but some topics are very popular, (more views, more income) and some are not very popular.     

Suggestion:  Stop writing for a week or two.   Find ten different huners who are consistently ranked 92-96.   Look at their hubs, their topics, how they design their hubs, the pictures, the headings.   Take notes if you need to -- you will find some patterns and clues as to what a good hub needs to be in orer to get approved and earn advertising revenue.   Making any money on HP is a long slow, work intensive process.   If money is not an issue, write whatever you want to and enjoy yourself!   Good luck.   smile

1. califonium profile image59
        califoniumposted 10 years agoin reply to this

thanks phdast7 your suggestion was useful I'll apply them, but my major problem right now is Google accepting my ad sense because their refusal is discouraging me from writing.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I suggest that you start a new thread about this because it is a different topic.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86

If only five are featured, then Google can only see five.  HubPages Help section is out of date - you need at least 20 good quality Featured Hubs before you apply, and you must be a member for at least a month.

11. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 10 years ago

I joined HubPages 2 years ago and haven't made a single cent from Adsense. Also if you have signed up for the Hubpages ad program, Google ads are only displayed at the bottom of hubs and less likely to be clicked.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Eugbug, if you really haven't made a single cent from Adsense, then I suggest you take a good look at (a) your Adsense account and (b) its connection with HubPages and (c) the ad settings on your individual Hubs, because after two years, if you've got an account, you should see a few cents at least.

1. eugbug profile image96
        eugbugposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Looking back through the records in Adsense, I came across "several" clicks which I hadn't noticed.

12. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

yes, you need to write at least 50 hubs to get some few cents earnings from Adsense. With 111 hubs, I earned 30 cents for Adsense. So, you can just imagine how much you can earn with your hubs. I would rather focus on HP earnings because it is more than Adsense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)