jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What's up with all the One Penny Google AdSense Earnings?

1. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

What's up with all the One Penny Google AdSense Earnings?

Lately, all I am earning from Google AdSense is measly 1 cent clicks.  Why is that?  I used to get some decent revenues from Google AdSense clicks.  HubPages Ad Program is my primary advertising mechanism, but I still used to get some interest returns from Google AdSense, but now just one cent at a time.  Any explantion?  Thanks!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4923827_f260.jpg

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 6 years ago

I have no idea, Rock. I have been reading a lot of negative things about this issue and am trying to avoid delving into it till I have more free time. It all seems very confusing to me at this point, and it does not sound good.

3. Man from Modesto profile image84
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

If you can determine the cheap skate advertiser that is producing the 1 cent clicks, you can:

1. Go to your Google Adsense account and block them.
    2. Make a hundred more hubs to target those ads.... which apparently are getting clicks.

You might also consider that the one cent revenues originate from the accumulation of many, many "views" (I don't know the industry jargon). Each time an ad is shown, some of them have value - very, very, small value. This seems to be sometimes like 84 cents per thousand views. It's all a bonus, as far as I am concerned.

It all means one thing: KEEP WRITING!

4. zanaworld profile image66
    zanaworldposted 6 years ago

rock_nj, Adsense revenue is down since I signed up for HubPages Ad Program.

But Hupages Ad Program is returning some good revenue.

5. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago
  6. Felixedet2000 profile image56
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

maybe Google have a revise ranking methodology which many people may not be aware of at the moment.

7. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I can help somewhat. I have been doing websites for many years and I know which ones make money and which ones don't. It has to do with the CPM of the topic. I have not activated ads on my Hubpages but I can give you a list on a Hub showing which topics really pay out. I imagine that what applies to websites should apply to blogs. Here is the list http://whoisbid.hubpages.com/hub/What-t … e-internet

I believe if you can make a 50 page website on high CPM topics it will bring much more money than a 500 page website on low CPM subjects.

working