jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Adsense Rejection Due to Adult Content

1. 0
    auggysteinposted 3 years ago

Denied access   to adsense because they said I have adult content on my site. I do not have any of the type they claim.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What site is this?  Because their bar for adult content is very strict.

2. 0
    auggysteinposted 3 years ago

Thanks for your response. My site has one hub that is about civil rights of the 60's and I do use the n-word because it is a historical fiction piece. Do you think that could have triggered the denial. Thanks auggystein "the American Dream Act" is the story

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I read your three hubs and I don't see anything against Adsense rules.  However if you are applying via Adsense you will need more like 15-20 hubs.  Maybe the rater just accidentally pushed the wrong rejection reason.

1. 0
      auggysteinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As I think of it and read your post, the first denial letter was due to a lack of hubs. I'm on another writing site and trying to decide if I should focus on hubpages or a combination of both. Anyway, I really appreciate your help and info. As soon as I complete a couple of educational video scripts I'm writing (deadline is killing me), I'll read your site and I can keep bugging you with my stupid questions. 
      Thanks Again, Mike (auggy stein is my pen name, which my wife says i should change)

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Google's program policies and content guidelines can be found here,

I believe you may have fixated on the words "adult content" in their rejection letter, and are unaware that their full rules also disbar "Content related to racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organisation."

You will have to contact Google if you need further clarification or wish to file an appeal.

1. 0
      auggysteinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info, I checked all of that too found nothing that could have triggered a rejection email. Anyway, I'm about to give up & focus my effort on another writing site.
      Auggy Stein

5. psycheskinner profile image83

I think Auggy Stein is a memorable pen name.

When I started 10 hubs was sufficient to gte adsense, it seems to keep getting stricter.  If you are playing the money game you might want to have your first hubs be on "safe" subjects.

6. jericho911 profile image86
    jericho911posted 3 years ago

If you applied through webanswers, i'd known others who got the "adult content" denial and "copyrighted material" as well.  I think that when it crawls the page, it picks up all sorts of stuff that you didn't write yourself.  Just a hunch if that is the case.  I got approval through hubpages with only 9 hubs, so keep your head up.

7. psycheskinner profile image83

Hubpages is not the issues here.  The Adsense determination is made entirely by Adsense.  The same issue is likely to follow you to any other platform.

8. ESPeck1919 profile image92
    ESPeck1919posted 3 years ago

Yeah, it's completely Adsense on this one. I wrote a hub about birth control and adsense rejected it because of "sensitive subject matter". Hubpages may be safer to write about less controversial topics, while there are probably forums out there that don't run off of adsense, like magazines to which you'd submit work, which will allow payment for more other subjects.