jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

RESOLVED: user-specific browser issues

1. Bonnie-Jean Rohne profile image81
    Bonnie-Jean Rohneposted 3 years ago

I've managed to create the title, subjact matter and subtitle for a new hub, and lay out the capsules. But that's as far as I can get -- no response to clicking "edit". I've published 43 hubs before, so I know the routine. Yet no one else is apparently experiencing this. I managed to save the layout unpublished, restarted my computer (to clear cache), still no progress. Any ideas?

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes I agree with Robbie to clear the cache and also I use Firefox to edit and publish and noticed that I have to use the edit on the top tool bar to copy and paste. The size of the images also gave me problems until I decreased the.

2. 96
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 3 years ago

Hi Bonnie,
                      Which browser are you using? I used to use Internet Explorer to edit and create my hubs, but found it to be un-reliable. I switched to Firefox and it is working fine. Did you actually physically clear your cache, or is it set to do so when you close the browser? Otherwise it won't have actually cleared it. If you need help clearing the cache, let us know your browser version so instructions can be posted. Hope you get this fixed so that you can edit your hubs....

3. Bonnie-Jean Rohne profile image81
    Bonnie-Jean Rohneposted 3 years ago

I've published over 40 hubs in the past 4 months via IE9, so I don't think that's the problem. I have it set to erase all temp files on closing. I rebooted the computer to clear the RAM cache. I couldn't even edit the Amazon capsule!
    Today, the problems started all over again and I couldn't even get into my Norton account. Finally I purged everything - tracking cookies, temp files, etc. and shut the machine down. On restarting, it is all cleared up.
    I appreciate your replies, but since most sites are geared to IE9 I'd rather stick with it while I can.
    Thanks for your time!

4. 96
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 3 years ago

Hi Bonnie-Jean,
                                  Glad to hear that everything is working for you now, I suspect that clearing out your Temporary Internet files was the key.

In terms of which browser you use to edit your hubs, the choice of browser won't affect people's ability to read it. It is just a question of (in terms of your choice of browser) what you have, what you are happy working on and whether it works for you or gives you errors.

1. Bonnie-Jean Rohne profile image81
      Bonnie-Jean Rohneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the encouragement, Robbie. I just wish Microsoft wouldn't be so "user-friendly" -- I'd rather clear my own cache and manage my own memory; IE is not cooperating and I have to manually manipulate it. Some of the old tools (like sysedit) are no longer available. Grrrr.

Closed to reply