jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hubs - can they be something like news?

1. radijator profile image79
    radijatorposted 7 years ago

I tried searching for the answer, but couldn't find anything similar.
    Most of the hubs I saw from other hubbers are articles, that have no or little time connotation. But, would it be OK to write something that is hype at the moment, like news, a breaking story etc.?

1. Anti-Valentine profile image95
      Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

On the sign-in page it states that you may write a hub about anything. It's true that "evergreen content" tends to do better than time-sensitive topics, but hubbers still cover these things, like Barack Obama, etc. They can definitely be popular too.

2. radijator profile image79

Thank you, I think that I understand now smile

3. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Will it be you expressing an opinion on current affairs? Trying to report news? Or posting news articles?

4. radijator profile image79

I thought more like expressing opinions or writing about something that has become very popular. For example, some band releases a new album - that's news. Me writing about that band and mentioning the new album release - that's not news, or?
    I have no intention to do news reporting, as I do not have such resources or abilities.

5. SiddSingh profile image59
    SiddSinghposted 7 years ago

You can write a hub about a current news item, like various hubs about Obama, or about a current event, like Agvulpes has written this one (http://hubpages.com/hub/Today-We-had-a-visit-from-Hell). It is a bit like a newspaper, you may read it from end to end when it is fresh, but you rarely come back to read it after a few days, or even the next day.

On the other hand, you can write a hub about an evergreen topic, like "how to lose weight quickly" or "how to write a resume". These hubs will remain relevant for almost forever. Again, this is like a reference book, you keep coming back to refer to it.

Plainly speaking, write about anything that you are interested in and are comfortable with.