What are you going to write your next Hub about and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

http://neilbeynon.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/writing3.gif

Hey there Hubbers - a happy Thursday to ya'. smile

Once I get caught up with the 1,000,000 things that I need to shove into my brain this week, I was going to put together my next Hub(big #2!). So, I was wondering if any of you are getting ready to write up a new Hub and if you are, what are you going to write about and why?

I was going to do a little research and see which topics that I like writing about are being searched, etc. and go from there. If you have any tips on how you usually get your Hubbing process started, please pass them along to me - I'd love to hear them.

Here are some subjects that I would like to write about:

1. Technology(Internet and useful applications) 2. Working out and staying fit
    3. Something about Diet Mountain Dew(I love that stuff and I am actually drinking one now)
    4. Burning Man(the awesome event in the Nevada desert)
    5. Steps to creating and managing your own blog with your own domain

So...what are you going to write about an why?

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

Also, Lady Guinevere posted this(I deleted the last thread because the title was worded wrong and I didn't want Ruthie to poke me with her cane):

Well I have two on-going hubs that I am going to continue on after my inlaw visit this weekend.  We are in mass cleanup for that.  They want to see the new additions and updates, but we only see the mess and they are very neat and tidy people and well--me writting and taking care of animals--I am not as clean as some folks.  The two I am running now are Simply Sewing-next chapter or lesson will be how to buy a Sewing Machine and Whispers From OZ --my book..next chapter will also be started on next week.  I also write about how all my individual animals have chosen my place to live.  Those and more are on my hub pages!

3. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

hey... no fair... you can delete and restart your own forum threads... hehe... smile

sent the ideas to you... (i was only questioning where because maddie separates her's and doesn't like to include her personal stuff with hp stuff (personal is her contact on profile thing.))

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't mind people contacting me via profile, but only on business related to myself or my hubs, rather than technical questions about the site, moderation, etc.  It's easiest and most efficient for me if people send their HubPages-related questions to the team email box.  Sending things to me via the "contact Maddie Ruud" link on my profile will probably get you an answer at some point, but not as quickly as sending to team@hubpages.com.

Just wanted to clear that up.  Not trying to be unfriendly, just efficent! smile

1. ProCW profile image79
        ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

smile understand... smile efficiency is a good thing! smile

2. crashcromwell profile image67
        crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for clearing that up. I sent a thank you note to your personal email for your prompt response about my soldier's prayer hub. I'll remember this for the future.

4. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

In regards to my next hub and why... hmm...

I'll probably continue my lottery series... because it isn't finished... hehe

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I really need to hit one of these....can you tell me how? smile

5. DJ Funktual profile image78
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

ALL THESE ARE IN THE WORKS / Half-finished

The Best and Worst Films of 2008  (won't come out till at least november)

The Rock-n-Roll Battle of the Bands Tournament  (NCAA Bracket style)

How to Spot a Great Movie on the Horizon (featuring My Top Ten Must-See Filmsof '08)

WHAT IT IS! Funky Soul and Rare Grooves (from the Vaults of Atlantic & WB Records) The Funktual Video Series ~ Part 2

100 Incredible Films (Volume 6 ~ #s 50-41)

Essential Songs by Stevie Wonder

Essential Songs by Michael Jackson Disco Mix

Why oh why can't I be David Mamet?

My Guilty Pleasure Admissions of the 80s: Movies
    My Guilty Pleasure Admissions of the 80s: Music

The last two will be a chance for readers to make fun of me instead of the other way around.

I will be covering my love for THE LEGEND OF BILLIE JEAN, and MISLED by KOOL & THE GANG among other embarassing things about myself. 

Ryan, I think you will find that having quite a few half-done ideas can be great little seeds to remind yourself of what you wanna do in the future.

6. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

Sure... see my Free Advice: How to Win the Lottery + Official Lottery Links! hub!!! smile

Don't forget to read the disclaimer at the bottom... hehe smile

7. profile image0
    thegeckoposted 15 years ago

I always have lots of ideas for Hubs in my head... just not time to write them smile

Right now religion seems to be a controversial topic in the community (but when isn't it?).

-Free Will - Man's Best God Invention

-Why Does Religion Exist?

-The Failures of the Next Gen Consoles

-The Gaming Void - The Gamer's Fallout

-Best 5 Apocalytic Anime

And if I get around to it, more ways to do well in school and get into college.

8. Judy Cullins profile image60
    Judy Cullinsposted 15 years ago

I am going to write my next hub about using Web 2.0 approach with articles. It's part of my new book on the subject. It's great to learn from all the hubbers!

JudyCullins, <no sigs please>

9. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
    B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years ago

Now that I'm running for president, my next hub should be along the lines of world domination.

10. Cailin Gallagher profile image68
    Cailin Gallagherposted 15 years ago

I would like to nominate myself as your campaign manager...I have experience in campaigns...logged many man-hours on the phone and in door-to-door leaflet drops...and I believe in your candidacy.  This will be a first.  You are a maverick.  big_smile

11. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

I'm willing to bet my next hub will be about something ridiculous or, at the very least, laden with sarcasm.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I lean toward ridiculous also-- especially the silly side of true things. Haven't been able to get much into sarcasm, too litttle experience in that genre. I'm thinking of putting together some of my Gold Rush museum tour into a hub.

I can't resist saying some silly things  about historical artifacts when I am leading the tourists astray. It's scary to think that some of them actually believe every word I say.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hah hah, Rochelle, that's the joy of being able to carry off an authoritative voice.  Do that hub, I can't wait to read it.  Go go, hurry!  lol  (Your hubs always rule.)

12. sixtyorso profile image71
    sixtyorsoposted 15 years ago

My next hub Hmmm I will probably do my  junior school years 1952 to 1959 reverting to personal traditional history, a carry on from the previous hub. I am not as prolific at producing hubs as some. I seem to manage around one a week to 10 days. Sometimes other hubs and conversation threads inspire me. An example of this is the seahorses etc hub

13. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 15 years ago

I'm working on a hub about Themistocles.

1. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Aren't you running out of dead greeks soon Darkside? LOL

1. darkside profile image63
        darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You wouldn't believe how many dead Greeks there are!

Though this one isn't a philosopher. I've finished off the collection of philosopher hubs and the Capstone. I'm the first to complete a Capstone Hub Series! Yay!

1. robie2 profile image78
          robie2posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Darkside smile

2. Maddie Ruud profile image73
          Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

And considering that several people before you have started, and given up, I'd say that's quite an accomplishment!

It definitely requires a marathon* effort.

I am wondering whether to submit a proposal for Emperors of Rome (Dead Greeks, Dead Romans, collect the whole set!) or Animals of Australia.

* Keeping with the theme of dead Greeks and all.

14. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 15 years ago

And now I've finished and published my latest Dead Greek hub big_smile

1. MrMarmalade profile image68
      MrMarmaladeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am creating another Greek.
      How to make make Marmalade has been reborn or rebirthed.

The younger generation in England and Wales are being rebellious about eating marmalade.
      All I can say 'Shame on them'.
      Si the rebirthing that has taken place is 'How to make "Farmalade." '
      Everyone might tell their next door neighbours to tell the english and the welsh to eat more marmalade.

15. MM Del Rosario profile image87
    MM Del Rosarioposted 15 years ago

I am planning to write about :

- different musical instruments
    - the 60's (fashion- music etc.)
    - Ancient Egypt - which i started but just could not find the time to write more.....

Dead Egyptians! Cool!

16. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Why should I tell you...you'll steal my ideas wink

But seriously, I'm working on my Capstone hubs.

17. broalexdotinfo profile image58
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

It`s going to be about stuff I know a lot about.

-Blogging
    -Internet marketing
    -Social Media
    -SEO techniques
    -Online investment
    -Food
    -Photography

Hope everyone will enjoy my hubs.smile

18. Squimpleton profile image87
    Squimpletonposted 15 years ago

My next hub... is about pokemon diamond/pearl

>.> stop laughing!!!!

One after that might be the 3d installment of my Alphabet series...

19. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

My latest hub was created because I found another hub on that same topic that I thought was just awful. 

And if you're one of my fans, you've been emailed about it already.

20. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

My next hub will be about the most important skill you need on the internet.

And it's nothing to do with learning to use a computer, optimising graphics, or learning HTML.

In fact, it's nothing at all to do with technology.

Regards,
    Eric G.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ooooh! A teaser,

21. MM Del Rosario profile image87
    MM Del Rosarioposted 15 years ago

Since Darkside have started the Dead Greek Philosophers......I am thinking of starting a Dead Poets Hubs.......

Do that and you can join the ranks of the Dead Hub Topics Society.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)