jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Can I turn my Video Hub back into an Article Hub or don't I have to?

1. Escobana profile image88
    Escobanaposted 3 years ago

Before publishing my Hub, I want to change it back into a normal Hub. I couldn't find the video I wanted to use for my video Hub but my Hub is ready to publish.

Could I publish it anyway? I used a You Tube video through the video capsule but that's not like filling up the spot for the video Hub.

I checked other questions about this. The suggestion was to open a new Hub and copy and paste everything. Is that still the only way? You can't just ignore the fact that it's a video hub?

1. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think you should cut and paste your into into a normal Hub as you cannot change a video Hub back into a normal Hub once it  has been published. The video hub applies to people who wish to upload their own video to a Hub from their computer rather than a youtube video.

Escobanaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for explaining me all this. I hoped I could avoid the copy and pasting part.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image82
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Escobana
      Which Hub are you talking about?

I didn't publish it yet. I wil though soon and have it copied and pasted into a normal hub.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Escobana,

Unfortunately you can not turn a Video Hub back into a regular Hub after selecting it. sallybea's suggestion on cutting/pasting your text is probably your best option.

2. Carola Finch profile image96
    Carola Finchposted 3 years ago

Sorry, you do have to start a new hub.  It won't convert from video to article.

Thanks...gonna do it asap and delete the video Hub:-)

working