jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Some suggestions.

1. 0
    Mr Tommyposted 3 years ago

Hubpages is the best online writing community today. It has a lot of excellent features. The Hubages team did a great job designing this site. I don't have anything to complain. I will just like to make some suggestions.

1.    The members should be allowed to choose how to display their ads. At least the placement, and colours, whatever Google allows, however, take precautions to prevent scam.

2.    I don’t think the banner ads work. I don’t want to click them; no one wants to click them. They look like spam. So, if possible, avoid banners and replace them with text ads.

3.    There should be a qualification test of some kind before signing up for Hubpages. Some people just want to make money. They don’t know anything about writing.

4.    Ads should only be displayed after a few days of publishing a hub, at least till it is indexed in the search engines.

5.    Related hubs from the author should be displayed on the hub.

6.    Links (including ads) should be made a little darker—they are almost invisible to the reader with that light blue.

I hope you will consider my suggestions.
    Thank you!

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

1.& 2. Hubpages owns Yieldbuild. Doubt they'll be asking for you opinion.

3. There is - you have to have 5 hubs pass QAP before you can publish freely.

4. They are, they have to pass QAP and be featured.

5. See 1 and 2

1. 0
        Mr Tommyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

what about the links?

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I got sleepy.

1. 0
            Mr Tommyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What do you think about the links?

1. 0
              Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

All good ideas. Maybe they will consider some of them. Who knows, but you spoke your mind and that's a good start. smile

2. Marie Flint profile image91
    Marie Flintposted 2 years ago

Thank you for making these suggestions, Mr. Tommy. I'd like to add just a few of my own.

1. I'd like Hub Pages to return to the size choices when posting a photo, i.e. full, half, and quarter. Some of my images are more important than others when writing hubs. Forcing hubbers to use only one size photo with the only way of reducing it by floating it to the right thwarts creativity.

2. I'd like to be able to put a picture to the left of my text. Right now, I can only float it to the right or leave it full size to dominate the screen.

Thank you for your consideration.