Link Suggestions

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (89 posts)
  1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 13 years ago

We've realized for a while that with our existing tools it can be very time consuming to manage links across a large portfolio of hubs.  Many Hubbers have tried to handle the interconnecting of related hubs using Link and RSS capsules.   That works to an extent, but we feel that relevant links to high quality, complementary resources within the text of a hub itself provide the best experience for a reader.

For that reason, we're very excited to announce the full release of HubPages Link Suggestion Tool.  We think it will make it far easier to manage the links within the text of your hubs by allowing you to connect phrases in your hubs to related hubs, both your own and those by other authors, and to our topic pages.

To give it a try just navigate to one of your hubs and click the green suggest links button in the upper right hand corner.  It will automatically identify some important words or phrases in your hub and highlight them in green.  Clicking one of those phrases will provide you a list of related pages that you may want to link to.  Clicking the green plus sign next to a suggestion will immediately add that link to your hub.  The chosen phrases won't always be the ones that you want suggestions for.  Fortunately, you can also select any phrase up to 6 words in the text of your hub and the tool will provide suggestions for it in the same way.

Just as with any other powerful tool, the link suggestions can easily be abused.   It's very important that you carefully consider each link decision and how it may impact your readers.  Having too many links or having links to poor or irrelevant resources will certainly detract from your hub.  We've done our best to provide good suggestions, but you, the author, must make the final decisions.

I'd also like to address few questions that came up repeatedly in beta testing.

1. Can I add trackers to the links?

The tracker system was primarily intended to reward people that bring people into HubPages from other sites.   While we don't prohibit using them within HubPages (except in the forums), we aren't inclined to make it easy to add them to links in hubs, for instance.  You could go back in and edit the hub and add trackers manually if you wanted though.

2. Can I have the links open in a new window?

The issue of links opening in a new window is similar.  While we allow it in some places, we don't believe it provides the best user experience in most cases -- so we choose not to encourage it (see here for some of the reasons, there are also many forum threads about it on HubPages).

While we understand that you don't want to lose a reader, if a reader clicks off they always have the option of choosing to open the link in a new window or tab using features built in to their browser.  When you force links to open in a new window you take away their choice (and you break the back button).  Again, you can go back in and edit the hub using the regular tools and have links open in a new window if you choose.

3. Why should I link to other peoples' hubs?

As much as we'd like to think that delivering value to readers and the altruistic nature of our community would be enough, we've also created something called HubKarma that reflects the frequency with which you link to other Hubbers' hubs.  It will be a small factor in Hubber score, and it may also impact how often your hubs get suggested as links.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does HubKarma just look at the number of links you've created using the tool, or does it also include things like using RSS feeds of related Hubs, or in links capsules?

pauldeedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It considers all links in your published hubs.

1. Edweirdo profile image84
          Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So if we already make a habit of including RSS capsules and links to our own & others' hubs, then using this new tool will not be necessary in order to increase our "Karma"?

In other words, doing the same thing "the old fashioned way" is just as effective? And the tool is just an easier way to find relevant hubs to link to?

Ed, the link suggestion tool gives other Hubbers a contextual link, which as you know is more valuable.

I'm also thinking that a RSS capsule may not count as multiple links, in the same way that RSS feeds to our own sites don't.

2. Techtree profile image60
      Techtreeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've tried it and its cool. Thanks

1. barryrutherford profile image75
        barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thechtree you dont need to reproducer the announcement which takes up a whole page just post your comment..

3. Eric Calderwood profile image78
      Eric Calderwoodposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been reworking my hubs to add these links and was surprised how much my HubKarma score went up, from 38 to 72, wow!  I always open links in a new window when I'm reading hubs and I think many other people do the same, so I'm not too worried about losing my readers by adding links.

1. Lifeallstar1 profile image60
        Lifeallstar1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you have it open a new window?  I've used it to link my hub to other people which I feel it will benefit the reader and the page it is now linked to but although my HubKarma score is at 100 and woohoo for me or should I say them since its taking people away from my site and my site score goes down plus the HubKrama score as I have read doesn't mean that much to the person helping other people which was my main goal but that's about the only reward I see if I am taking people to someone else hub instead of my own. That not really fair unless just a window popped up and it was worth more to the one's doing it for people that don't even know we are doing it. We don't even get a little trophy. LOL a 100 is good but I find that its working against me. It needs to have more benefits for the ones doing it since I don't want people leaving my site but that's what it is doing.

4. profile image53
      jpschilder1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whenever I try to suggest links for my hub the button gets little white lines through it and makes it where I cant click on anything and basically freezes the tab I'm in. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

Hmmm...interesting - sounds like a very useful tool and I'm on my way to check it out now.  Thanks for constantly working to make this place even better than it already is!

3. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Hey Paul,

I've tried it, and I like it.  There's a few questions and concerns, as  you can see in the forums, regarding this tool. 

Personally, I like the ease of adding links within my hubs.  It was time consuming and difficult to locate relevant hubs to link to through the link icon in the text capsule.

I'm still undecided on the Karma score though.  I gather it is only available to the hubber and not the readership in general.  Can you explain how this score is calculated?  (oh, I promise I'll keep the secret).

Thanks Paul and HP team.

Beth

4. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Cool Thank Paul and HP staff on my way to check it out now,

5. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

What is the visibility of the hubkarmma number? Is it only visible to ourselves of signed in members or all?

Best Regards

Your HubKarma is not public.

6. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I like this new feature, thanks HP team! smile

Linking to another hubbers hubs was something I was unsure of, except the RSS feeds for the HubMob, so having suggestions to other hubbers (that I may not even be aware of) is a nice feature.

Just another thought - can I preview the hub to link to before linking?  Probably...I gotta go play, now!

7. Madison22 profile image60
    Madison22posted 13 years ago

Awesome! Thanks a bunch!!

8. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Quick Question?
    Could it be possible to see the link destination by hovering over it with the pointer so that readers can make informed decissions on whether or not to click on it?

When you hover over a suggested link to a hub it should show you a preview of that hub.

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think Ohma is referring to visitors to our hubs.

No, we don't have an option for that.  Personally, I'm not a big fan of hover over previews except in very specific circumstances.

2. Ohma profile image61
        Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When the tool is turned off it does not show a link destination which I feel would be important before I click on a link as a reader.
        I am not very computer savvy but I know not to click on a link that I do not know where it leads.

9. Wendy Krick profile image64
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

I love it! I've been having fun updating my hubs!

10. SunSeven profile image62

One small doubt. How many links will be too many for a 400 word article? What is the optimal ratio?

1. Andrew0208 profile image58
      Andrew0208posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like to know as well about the optimal ratio.

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

I don't think there is a specific optimal ratio.  It will depend a lot on the type of hub.  For instance, in a poem or short story, it probably doesn't make sense create any links since they'd just distract the reader from appreciating the work of art.  For a hub that is more encyclopedic or informational, it probably makes sense to add links in places where you are touching on a subject tangentially where another hub (or an external site) exists that covers it more completely.  That way a reader that is especially interested in that particular aspect can follow the link and get more information.

11. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 13 years ago

Paul,

Is historical link-count included in Karma score, or is this just going forward? Based on responses in another thread, most folks seem to have a score in the 40 range (+/- a bit), regardless of whether they make a habit of linking to others' hubs...

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm interested in this question too.  I used to regularly link to people's Hubs until discussions pointed out that I was sending people away from my own Hubs, so then I slowed down to almost never doing it. 

What this does, though, is make it clear that linking to other people's Hubs is "officially" encouraged - so now people like me know for sure that it wouldn't be considered a "damaging" thing to do.

Ooh - I just tried it.  Very nice, and very easy.  You can pretty much see, right off the bat, which ones wouldn't apply to your Hub.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

Lisa, it's not damaging for HubPages as a whole - but if you have been following the other thread, you'll see there are quite a number of highly experienced Hubbers who won't be participating (except by using RSS feeds) for the very reason you mention.

Marisa, thanks.  I didn't see the other thread, so I'll look now.   smile  (I did, however, see the one about how low most people's "Karma score" is.   lol  )

Here's the other thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/44777

2. Edweirdo profile image84

As thisisoli pointed out in the other thread, there is SEO value in creating links within a hub that point to high-quality sites. That can include hubs by other hubbers.

I think the initial precaution by Paul in the OP about using this feature with some discretion was hinting at that - using it wisely will benefit you, using it "spammily" will hurt. But that was always the case.

This new tool seems to be a way to make this whole "inter-linking" thing easier.

But sadly (?) it was bundled with a new "HubKarma" score.

I think that may be what led to all the controversy - i.e. "I don't want to feel forced into linking to others' hubs in order to maintain/increase my author score"

But that's just me speculating wink

Yes, but if you talk to Sunforged or Darkside, they never put those links within the text of the Hub, where it might tempt the reader away.  They bury them at the bottom of the Hub, where readers won't see them - because they include them not for the reader's benefit, but for Google's benefit.

I suspect that Google considers the location in the page and the context of links when deciding how much weight to give them.  I also think most people would do "better" in the long run if they made satisfying the reader their top priority.   Links to other quality resources right in the text often will provide the reader with a better experience (be they to your own hubs, other peoples' hubs, or to other sites).

Anyway, it's just another tool that you can choose to use or not use.  I think people are getting a bit too worked up about the influence that HubKarma has on Hubber score.  It's not really that significant.

I'm far from being an expert, Paul - but I'm getting a different message from Hubbers whom I respect, hence my reluctance.  I do interlink my own relevant Hubs a lot.

2. Pcunix profile image91
                Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with Paul.  When I link, I do it for the benefit of the reader. 

As Marisa notes, that may not be the smartest policy for overall success.  I just have to shrug my shoulders on that point. 

I think Sally's Troves comments have merit too.  The links are already there on the side - though frankly most computer generated links are bad choices.

If HubPages wants to reward us for links, they should do so for high quality links that the algorithm did NOT pick out.

I do go looking for appropriate and useful links but don't always find anyway.  I don't mean to suggest at all that there isn't good content here, just that really relevant links are hard.  You can have a superb post but it is only tangentially related to mine - neither of us may feel the link makes sense.

All that said, I will try harder to find good links.

2. Sally's Trove profile image78
            Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you and I voiced my concerns in an email message to Paul on April 30.

Our scores should not be penalized for not linking to other areas of HubPages.

When I link to another Hub, I do so only after I've read the Hub and decided it has something of value to offer the reader. I don't pick that destination Hub just because it's on a similar topic, and I don't pick Hubs that are poorly written or in other ways substandard.

As for linking to topics, a reader can find the Topics button at the top of the page, not to mention that "Related Hubs" are already displayed on the right hand side of a Hub. HubPages already does a good job of offering a reader related material.

We shouldn't be penalized for not doing something that's already being done by HubPages. And we also should not be penalized for deciding that linking from one of our Hubs to another will detract from a Hub's readability.

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF

It looks at the links in all of your published hubs.

3. Dobson profile image74
      Dobsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Apparently my efforts to interlink are now rewarded as my Karma score is reported as a 68. Of course I have springboarded off the recommendations of several hubbers, including edweirdo, so thanks guys!

12. agvulpes profile image85
    agvulpesposted 13 years ago

Paul, this is a great new tool. I have one question!
    If we make a link is there a quick way to remove the link if we change our mind about keeping it?

I actually did that with my first experiment with this! Just go to "Edit" mode, highlight the link that was created, and click the broken link icon to remove the link...

1. agvulpes profile image85
        agvulpesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL I was just notified that one of the Hubs that I had linked to is no longer published and the link is broken ?

13. gramarye profile image60
    gramaryeposted 13 years ago

Great tool! Thanks to all the other hubbers who asked clarifying questions.

14. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

I truly enjoy it! More kudos for HP! smile

15. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

ag just bought me up to speed on this. It looks very good!

16. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

natural justice has magically occurred my score is now  91 that's right 91 you heard it !

17. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

Paul - this sounds like a good idea and I will try it - as someone who is not technical but trying - linking etc can be very confusing - I will give it a go and let you know - Irish smile

18. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

Finally - something I can use effectively - you have no idea how someone with limited tech knowledge struggles here - this link tool is exactly what I was looking for - just experimented on one of my hubs and it is great - there is a God - I will spend many happy hours now linking up with releveant hubs smile Hubtastic smile

19. calicoaster profile image77
    calicoasterposted 13 years ago

I tried this link suggestion option in three of my hubs. Overall an excellent idea to promote other hubs. But, I faced certain problems, after implementing the links into my hubs. Once the links were incorporated, few words in my hubs and paragraphs got misaligned with respect to the spaces between them.

e.g. "tendency to gain" became "tendencyto gain", and many more.

Weird thing was that only the paragraphs in which i applied link suggestion tool got affected. Other paragraphs of the same hub remained the same. Please advice, if anyone else has also faced the same problem.

1. lowerabworkout profile image61
      lowerabworkoutposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello

I have also got the problem with words running together on just about every line of a text module after I select a link suggestion.  I have to edit every line to separate the words.

Please fix this as correcting the text takes AGES!

Michael

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
        Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is fixed now, and shouldn't be a problem going forward.

Thank you!

Michael

2. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
      Fawntiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please report any problems you have with the tool in the Report a Problem forum. Please be sure to mention which of your Hubs had a problem, as well as what browser you were using, and I will try to fix it. Thanks, and sorry about that.

OK, sorry - I am new to the forum. 
        Regards
        Michael

20. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago
  21. Dobson profile image74
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

Has anyone noticed your own hubs when you try thislooking for link suggestions? I have and see a score at the end of the link that is higher than the individual hubs score. Is this the overall hubber score instead?

1. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
      Fawntiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The score shown is the author's score.

2. barryrutherford profile image75
      barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes well that 's good you can link to your own hubs as well !

22. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

LET THE LINK SWAPPING BEGIN!

23. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

This is really good because it will make it so much easier to link to relevant hubs within each hub using relevant phrases. Thanks so much.

24. zzron profile image58
    zzronposted 13 years ago

This is a great idea, thanks. <link snipped>

25. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

No thanks, I don't want a karma score!  I opt out!

Thanks!

26. SunSeven profile image62

Thank you Paul.

27. ramkkasturi profile image60
    ramkkasturiposted 13 years ago

I have sarted using it. It is a very helpful addition.It makes life easier. Thanks for adding this.

28. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

What's not to love about good karma -- of any variety?
    Just today another hubber wrote a new hub in answer to my request. Although she was able to link her hub to mine, I was not able to go back and link my original hub to her new one.
    Try as I might, none of the "suggested links" came up with her hub. I also tried strings of words -- her hub simply would NOT come up as a suggested link.

So my question is what should we do if we know there is a hub we WANT to link to but that hub is not coming up using the Link Suggestions tool....?
    Thanks, MM

1. spirituality profile image57
      spiritualityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should just add a link to their hub the old fashioned way. You know: edit the hub and enter the URL of the hub when making a link (either with the link capsule or within a text capsule).

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here is one way:

Just select/approve any suggestion at random.

Then go into edit mode for that hub and text box.

Then click the html icon at left.

Replace the suggested url and title with the ones you want.

Be sure to not accidentally alter/delete any of the other text or characters while in this mode.

Save it. Test it. You are done.

29. ChimPhungHoang profile image59
    ChimPhungHoangposted 13 years ago

There's my super, girl!

Wow! it's
    Sure been a long time since I spoke to you
    Practically another lifetime ago

But, I digress. . . my stupid question is:
    must i do any of this linking and why is karma attached to your score?
    im noit sure i understand all this
    s.h.*.t.
    pardon my french

30. lender3212000 profile image59
    lender3212000posted 13 years ago

Has anyone mentioned how often this new score updates? I added several links to other hubs today and saw no change in my number. Just curious....

1. Dobson profile image74
      Dobsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My hub score was 68 yesterday morning, I added at lest 25 links in the first 1/5 of my hubs and today it is still 68. Makes me wonder if there is really a gain to be realized.

31. Jule Romans profile image95
    Jule Romansposted 13 years ago

I think I understand the reasoning behind this new tool and its potential benefit.  To me, it seems like this:

It's not only the fact that interlinking is good for all of us, including HP. It is another way to reduce spam and low quality work-- or at least to elevate it somewhat.

HubKarma is an individual incentive. Some people who write here might not be interested in writing quality content-rich articles. They  might be here for other reasons. They might not be interested in doing a lot of studying, but they would be interested in a quick number that gives them some quantitative feedback. This tool makes it easier for them to provide relevant contextual links, elevating the overall impression of HP and therefore helping me.

HubKarma is a community-creator. It also makes it possible for me to create a web of interconnected links with other writers whom I trust and value. This interconnected web of links could easily exclude spammers--especially if suggested links are selected based on authorscore or hubscore.

There are several other examples I can think of. Ultimately, potentially problematic content is going to be neutralized with a minimum of labor-intensive human editing or personal strife.  That, I think is the real purpose and benefit of the two most recent tools put in place: disabling of ads and interconnected links.

It looks like a good thing from where I am sitting. Spam is reduced by automatic disabling of ads (negative reinforcement) and HubKarma (positive reinforcement).

32. mesotheliomatips profile image58
    mesotheliomatipsposted 13 years ago

Thank you!

33. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

If we can sort hub links as per groups that will help a lot.

34. McConnell Group profile image68
    McConnell Groupposted 13 years ago

The interface to which you link to other hubs is very well done and easy to follow,

35. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 13 years ago

I like to do the linking but I think it definitely should pertain to your article.  I think all the people writing hubs for the contest should be included as much as possible as we are writing about similar topics.

36. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 13 years ago

This is a great tool!  I especially like the way we can review the suggested destinations (to be sure they add value to the subject) before adding the link.

37. ChimPhungHoang profile image59

I think it's funny that already on of the links I used came up broken.  I saw that black symbol and thought--what stick in the mud flagged one of my hubs now? when all it was was a broken link!
    LOL
    I also think it's funny that it tells me to link my own hubs together--gee, thanks--lol
    It IS nice to NOT have to go hunting for similar subjects in other hubs though.
    it's nice to have it there in front of you.

38. ChimPhungHoang profile image59

Not that i care about my hobscore since it has very little if anything to do with actual writing ability BUT I know some folks do.
    having said that, here is an observation.  Since using this link thing my score has dropped from 91 to 86 in one day.  Mind you, I have published a hub or two during that time AND I am talking about from a Sunday to a Monday but take this info for what it's worth!

39. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

Publishing a couple of Hubs might have led to the drop in score, because new Hubs start out at a low score.   Scores fluctuate anyway, so you can never be sure that a specific action has had a specific effect.

40. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 13 years ago

I just tried this for the first time today, and have been going through my hubs, linking as many relevant hubs as I could.

But...in one hub, I talk about my husband and had highlighted "hubber Tom Cornett", and what did I get???

Three hubs that I'd written that had his name in them, and one by Ivorwen titled "I Want a Redneck On my Side"...

lol  lol  lol

I have to admit, we had a good laugh at that last one...big_smile

Tammy

1. agvulpes profile image85
      agvulpesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just goes to show that the tool is working AOK, I hoped you showed some HubLuv to Tom and linked to him anyway?
      btw you do know it is OK to link to your own Hubs?

1. TamCor profile image80
        TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hahahaha....that's kinda what I said to him, when it popped up!!  lol

Oh, yeah, I linked to one of my own hubs quite a bit, but for some reason, I very seldom had one of Tom's pop up for one of the choices, and he very seldom has any from me! big_smile

Tammy

41. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Paul, I noticed last night and today in both Mozilla and Safari Browsers that the link suggest tool script is dragging or not responding. I tried reloading both but still had the same issue. Just a heads up. -James.

42. Internetwriter62 profile image80
    Internetwriter62posted 13 years ago

Thank you Paul For the link suggestion tool and Hub Karma. It has really helped me with my traffic. Thank you for coming up with ways to improve our readership.

43. strutzas profile image60
    strutzasposted 13 years ago

Awesome! I truly enjoy it, thanks.

44. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

The link process is taking longer and longerthsi week; I'm on IE-8.

I use the link suggestions that fit in with my article content and purpose, and I'm finding a good many that do. When I read other hubs, I find some that contain almost as many links as other words, much of it unrelated, and it's distracting so I don't reaad the articles. Just my experience, for what it's worth.

Thanks!

Patti, get rid of IE - I really don't know why anyone is still using it.  Firefox is much better for most things and especially for HubPages, it's free to download and doesn't take long to get used to.

I agree, I think some Hubbers are going a bit overboard with the linking tool.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)