jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Mister Wong

1. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Hubpages seems to have been blocked there as a spam site - anyone know why?

I tried adding a bookmark, and it will only let me save it as private, not public.

1. compu-smart profile image80
      compu-smartposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi LondonGirl..

Its because many people use hubpages to spam with and im talking lots! so some social bookmaring sites  have blocked! its nothing to do with us..!!

A way I get round this is to create a blog at blogger quick n free and then leave those hubs or what ever else you want!!

just a thought!!

1. bgpappa profile image86
        bgpappaposted 7 years ago in reply to this
  2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If they've had a sudden influx of lots of URLs from HubPages, they may have blocked the site.  That's happened on a variety of social bookmarking sites in the past.

Here's what Mister Wong has to say about spam, http://www.mister-wong.com/terms/#paragraph_8

3. LondonGirl profile image91

I'd read that, and I've definintely not spammed - I have about 5 hubpages bookmarks out of 400 or so.

Will it unblock in the future?

4. LondonGirl profile image91

Hi - what do you mean by leave the hub on a blogger? Sorry to be thick!

5. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 7 years ago

You post links or even blog posts about your hubpages, I usually do both as you can write some extra stuff about your hubpages that you didn't quite get to write actually on your hubpages...treat it like a review of sorts or fun little advertisements for your hupage articles.

Blogger.com has a good page rank, so if you post quite regular to a blogger blog for awhile it'll show up in the search results for whatever you write.

Okie cokie Londongirl! cool

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

very sound advice above....quickly set up a blogspot page, and then swing through all your hubs and use the "blog this" option - you can also add your hub rss feed or perhaps even of other hubbers you enjoy.

Then swing through all the social bookmarking pages and either bookmark each entry (as they have a n unique page) or the blogs main domain. (you can use toolbars like socialize this to automate the submission process)

You will now also now be able to join topblog lists which are great promotional tools (ive made it to number 1 in google for topics in under 2 hours using this method (unrelated to hubs) )

You will gain multiple backlinks in less than an hours works

6. sunstreeks profile image85
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

Just a FYI. Propeller.com is another social bookmarking site that has banned hubpages for the same reason.

7. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

sorry the toolbar is called shareaholic

promotion toolbars

8. 60
    orionsky60403posted 7 years ago

Thanks for the update. I had just signed up for Mister Wong not too long ago too. Darn.
    Im totally new to this whole game of generating traffic and I've been reading a lot of out of date information.

*sigh* oh well.