jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Advantages/Disadvantages of Multiple HubPages Accounts with Adsense.

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

I'm playing with the idea of opening another Hubpage account for a specific niche/subject. But I recall reading somewhere that this can be a disadvantage in terms of Adsense earnings, but I don't remember the details of that claim. Can anyone tell me the advantages or disadvantages of having more than one Hubpage account using Adsense, as far as earnings go? Or is it that it's all the same, one account or more than one?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I can't see what effect it would have on Adsense earnings since you would be using the same Adsense account across all the HubPages accounts.

If you're using the HP Ads program then any impact on your Adsense account would be negligible anyway, even if it was an issue.

The debate about whether to have a separate account is a thorny one.  If you're very active on HP then it is probably worth having separate accounts for separate niches, because a single account gets hard to manage once you get into the hundreds of Hubs.  However, you also have to consider that each of our sub-domains is regarded as a separate website by Google, and smaller websites aren't as well-regarded as large ones.  So you need to commit to creating a decent body of work on each of your sub-domains.

NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good answer as usual, Marisa. And makes sense. I will have to decide how much time and work I'd want to put into a new subdomain. Still might be worth it, but I do have plenty of irons in the fire.

1. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have maybe 5 Hubpages accounts. I think. To me, it just means I have more ways of getting towards payout and increasing my chance of a payout every month.

Good to know, I'm leaning toward starting another account, making more sense to me. It's another way to diversify. But here's one thing I just realized: If you use HP Ad Program, having a separate account means almost like starting from the bottom in terms of traffic/impressions; so the new account is going to be earning less from impressions, because there's going to be less impressions, at least at first. It makes me think I'd be better off adding more content to the account I already have established.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
              Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The $50 minimum per month for HP Ads also applies to each account separately, so you may have to wait longer to get a payout if you have accounts that don't make the threshold every month.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. Doesn't totally seem worth it. Makes a little more sense to me to put more content on a single account, the one I already have. Unless, as you said, I know that I'll get enough traffic.