jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Chat with staff live, help feature.

1. 0
    epsonok0posted 2 years ago

A one on one chat with available staff or affiliated persons. For tech support or questions on the spot.

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Get over yourself!

1. 0
        epsonok0posted 2 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean? Dont be shy.

1. 0

Never mind

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Of the 18 staff members at HubPages, there appear to be five whose jobs are entirely dealing with site users and the community.  Accounting for just published users, that's 15,537.8 users per staff member.

1. 0

At least when you are sarcastic your not mean about it. I mean the animated guy laughing may be a bit sarcastic but over all you make points. Unlike the individual above who, when confronted wont even come back with something.
        Look, even though I spent my coffee charging time this morning trying to counter all the negatives you had in each and every one of my recent forum threads, I agree with you on this one.
        I know, Jaws are hitting the floor, right now.
        The fact is that HP would need to outsource like Rebock, Nike, FinishLine, and the rest had to. There are just not enough staff to do what I am stating.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
          LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This could work, but as you pointed out it may be outsourced if it were to be implemented at some point although I doubt it would ever be.

For example Booktango does have live help and I have found it useful on more than one occasion.

As far as sarcasm, well some think they are good at it and it makes their day, even if all they are doing is kidding themselves.

2. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

They would have to hire someone or two specifically for customer relations. They would need to choose between live chat and support tickets but not both (I know you didn;t mention that).

Truth be told, based on what little I know about HP.They won't do it, not in the near future anyway.

They see the forums as live chat and you can post anything here and get responses from experienced hubbers and staff. Staff may be a little late but they always respond so long as you post in the right forum.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 2 years ago

I don't see a need for it.

1. As Cardisa pointed out, experienced hubbers can answer 95% of newbie questions very accurately. On rare occasions, even more accurately than staff (although this has gone down as some of the bigger SEO experts have drifted away).
    2. How would this help Hubpages earn money? They are a business after all, and I'd say at least 75% of people who sign up never write a hub, and if they do, they never get past 20. Even fewer get decent traffic and earnings. So Hubpages would basically be giving free information to users who likely wouldn't make use of it anyway in most cases.
    3. Hubpages has worked very hard to build a great learning centre and FAQ. Questions that can't be answered there or in the forum (rare) can be emailed to them.

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this