jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

No follow links

1. amiebutchko profile image93
    amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago

I just passed boot camp with 5 featured hubs, but my links are still set at "no follow."  My score is currently 83, so I am wondering if my hubs from now on, might have "do follow" links?  I was wondering if when it said that hubs will be made available to search engines after you pass boot camp, it meant the links would be "do follow"?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do you know what "no follow" means?   It just means that if you've created hyperlinks in your Hub, Google will be told not to follow those links.   It makes no difference to real readers.

amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate it.

2. fratt60 profile image61
      fratt60posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

1. pamij profile image59
        pamijposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do everybody start out with a score of 73

2. quiterandom profile image80
    quiterandomposted 3 years ago

When your hubber score is 85 or above, your links will no longer be nofollow.

Will former articles be no follow at that point, or just ones created from that point on?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

All of them become do follow.

3. humahistory profile image83
    humahistoryposted 3 years ago

Do you really want 'dofollow' links. Are the ones you want going to other information that you own, and that additional information adds to that which you have posted in your article? If not, then 'dofollow' links are of no use to you whatsoever.
    Links should be used for two reasons:
    1. To cause a flow of visitors from one place to another (preferably TO your articles / content).
    2. To allow a visitor to read further on a particular issue that you do not want to reiterate within your content.
    All that 'dofollow' links do is tell the search engines that there is another place that they can crawl. They will crawl in their own good time, once they get to the URL in their to-index list.
    Links from one hub of yours to another hub of yours WILL BE 'dofollow', unless you go back into the link feature and reset it. In most cases your own hubs should be all that you should want 'dofollow' links to.
    Whether or not a link is 'dofollow' or 'nofollow' the link will do what you actually need it to do, unless of course you are trying to play the system and gain backlink juice from it - but then Google and the like is capable, pretty much, of knowing if it is a genuine backlinking link, or one that is produced to play the system.
    My advice: forget all about whether a link is 'dofollow' or 'nofollow' - it is a waste of your time, effort, and thought process.

Thanks for response.  I appreciate it.

4. pamij profile image59
    pamijposted 3 years ago

I just started my hub and was wondering what do the number in the corner of your profile picture indicate?

1. JG11Bravo profile image92
      JG11Bravoposted 3 years ago in reply to this
      1. pamij profile image59
        pamijposted 3 years ago in reply to this

so whats a good hubber score???

1. psycheskinner profile image81
          psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you want follow links, 85.  Otherwise, it doesn't matter much.

Thanks all.  Do you know, do you have to maintain this for the status to remain?

I mean, do you have to maintain an 85 average for your links to remain do follow?

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
                Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes you do.

5. Earl Noah Bernsby profile image87
    Earl Noah Bernsbyposted 3 years ago

I don't have anything useful to ad to the stellar advice offered by the others, but I just wanted to say: Welcome to HubPages, amiebutchko! wink

Thanks!

working