jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Has Internet Explorer Become Totally Irrelevant?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image90
    Billie Kelpinposted 2 years ago

Every time I use IE as a browser, my computer gets hung up or I can only see part of a website, or I get an error message.  I'm just curious as to why it even still exists.

1. 0
      epsonok0posted 2 years ago in reply to this

It did what microsoft does best. It delivered well enough to get the bills paid. But didnot allow much room for progress. Firefox, chrome and even safari outperform it in nearly every way. I like microsoft for one thing. Windows XP and that is where it stops for most.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So, what has kept you so devotedly using a product that doesn't seem to be working for you?

2. aparkhurst7 profile image85
    aparkhurst7posted 2 years ago

Whenever I see people still using IE, I just laugh. I saw a commercial a few months ago about an upgraded IE, but it's way too late. There's no way it'll be able to catch up. I'm surprised they're still trying.

3. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

On all windows computers it's the default browser... so 30% of the ppl still use it... therefore it still makes a lot of money. (I asked my husband, I had no idea. lol)

4. quiterandom profile image81
    quiterandomposted 2 years ago

There is something wrong with your system, not necessarily something intrinsically wrong with IE.
    Which version are you running?
    I don't personally use it, but to put it bluntly, there is very little difference between it and it's counterparts, at least in terms of end-user experience.

5. Hostingtalksa profile image60
    Hostingtalksaposted 2 years ago

I have IE and FireFox on my Laptop and it has never occurred to me to try using IE for a search... it takes forever to open.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

What do you use it for?

2. quiterandom profile image81
      quiterandomposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I posit again, it is a system issue, or a buggered up IE configuration.
      Here is a quick video I made, opening firefox first and googling hubpages, then the same for IE.
      Could you really tell a difference?