Chuckle about Spitting being a topic, and HP's new category feature

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
    Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago

I just thought I'd share what happened on my profile page...there's a topic called "Spitting" there, under which my two spitting Hubs are listed.  I just think it's kind of funny, because I don't think "Spitting" is any kind of Hub topic or category, and it's no group that I created.

So that brings up an interesting point...there are group categories that we can assign to our own Hubs, and then there are the new categories that we can choose from...and then there are topics, designated by HP, to which our Hubs are assigned without any input from us.

Does anyone here find this categorisation system a little confusing?  I would be happy for some clarification.

Here's how it looks to me...I can put my own Hubs into groups that I define; then HP does something to put my Hubs into their topics; then I can categorize my Hubs according to the new category feature (which is an awesome thing...a giant step in searching the content of HP).  With all of this data relationship thinking, how does it all play out?

2. 0
    Rainbow Briteposted 7 years ago

Excellent question, and something that I have been wondering for a while, glad I wasn't the only one!

3. 0
    Rainbow Briteposted 7 years ago

I'm thinking that maybe the profile page categories make themseles up...for example on C.C. Riter's profile page, there is a category entitled "Tolden" which I have never heard until here, in his "Tolden Goad" series!

Off topic, but amusing to me...this is post #123 for me!!! *lqtms*