jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Question about changing a hub title

1. simondixie profile image87
    simondixieposted 2 years ago

Question: I recently changed the title of one of my hubs. The original title was "When You're Afraid." I decided it was much too general, so my new title, Battling Entrenched Corruption in Alabama" more accurately reflects the content of the hub.

However, when I go to that hub, the original title remains in the URL. Will that automatically change, and if so, how long does that change take before it shows up in the url?

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated. THanks!
    simondixie (from Alabama)

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Once the URL is set, it is set in stone and will never change.  However, your actual title is what will appear in search results, so it does not matter.  It will simply direct to the original URL, and the reader will not notice a thing.

The only way to "change" the URL is to alter the title before it is ever published for the first time. 

Otherwise, you can simply copy the article into a new template, and delete the original, using your new title when you do so.  But that's a lot extra trouble that is not worth the effort, and beside that, you lose your first original date of publication--which could become an issue down the road if you ever find your material has been copied; your original date is your proof that you are the original, rightful author.

simondixieposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! Your response is extremely helpful.....I've changed the title, and as you said, that's what counts. But I won't go to all that trouble to do any more changes.
          I appreciate your help so much....just when I think I've learned what I need to know, something else comes up....That's the best part about hubpages----helpful people like you help us when we hit something new.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

simondixieposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.....from now on, I will give considerable thought to my title BEFORE  i post it.....very helpful comment. Thank you.