jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Is it slow at HP right now?

1. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Has any one else noticed that activity has slowed down or is it me? Poetry does seem to be thriving though. But I'm missing some regulars in the forums, not many new forum posts, and several hubbers say views are down. What's happening? Spring time?

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm guessing spring fever.  I know I have it.  Also, maybe people pushed themselves to write a lot for the last contest and are taking a break.

jansharesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I was thinking the same about the last contest. I was a little burned out after that myself.

2. sallybea profile image95
        sallybeaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Spring has sprung and we are all outdoors at present but maybe we need the motivation of another contest to get back to writing again.

Maybe so, sallybea. I've only published 2 hubs since the contest ended.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image82
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps it seems slow because a lot of Hubbers are doing poetry for poetry month. To me it only seems to slow down in the late evening when I figure everyone is doing chores or eating dinner.

3. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I haven't been writing any hubs because I have the flu and am resting.   I am also watching a lot of youtube documentaries pertaining to the History Channel and paranormal mysteries.   I am just resting for now.   I also intend to further enjoy the spring weather when I am fully healed.

2. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

I'm still here.

3. Jason Cornelius profile image60
    Jason Corneliusposted 2 years ago

Well, I posted my first hub about four or five days ago.  It's not poetry, but a humorous piece regarding AI co-op play in video gaming.  I'm not sure if the piece made it through the 24-hour quality-assurance process or not.  While I have several more hubs to post -- including a multi-part essay on the First Amendment's Establishment and Free Exercise Clause -- I'm still new to this place and don't have the first clue as to how to promote my work, despite having read the editors' published suggestions.

1. Suzanne Day profile image97
      Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Start with the buttons on the right side of the hub for Like, Tweet and Pin. Do all of those if you can. Then post to any other social networks you're on (in the most interesting way possible). Then write some more!

I just finished a hub on wii videogames. Must be something in the water driving us to gaming this week.

4. kenyaentrepreneur profile image80
    kenyaentrepreneurposted 2 years ago

My traffic has actually had a nice little bump lately. It's my CPM that has bottomed out. It's crazy low...

5. vocalcoach profile image95
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

I have had the same complaint for the past few weeks.  But now I'm seeing a boost in traffic. Yeaaaaaa! smile

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago

hahahaha, cute Luis. Actually traffic has been decent. It just seems that interaction in the community has changed.

7. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Hmmm....not sure Jan. I'm having trouble keeping up with reading the hubs of the people I follow. Now have like 650 emails still to read. I was writing a lot of poetry for poetry month but have been working on one long in-depth hub about Good and Bad Bugs in the Garden for most of this week, so that slowed my publishing of hubs down.

8. jhehe profile image92
    jheheposted 2 years ago

I think summer will be better. Once the weather is really nice outside, more experiences, more things to see, more things to do, travelling, and posting back on HP big_smile

9. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 2 years ago

Yes, I believe spring fever has struck and all are out taking advantage of the beautiful weather and time for gardening and such before it gets too hot!  I know for the past several weeks, that is how it has been for me.  There are many more activities planned too during spring it seems.  I guess all are out literally smelling the roses.  Still traffic has been good considering.