Unfeatured hubs from lack of traffic.

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Missy Smith profile image78
    Missy Smithposted 8 years ago

I was just wanting a few other opinions about this type of unfeatured hub. Lately I have had like three go on the unfeatured list due to lack of traffic. They are some of my first posts here, and I am posting them back on social media sites, but I'm not so sure it's important to me at this point to keep them featured. What are others thoughts on this? Do you feel you should attempt to keep all hubs featured, even the older ones?

1. DWDavisRSL profile image82
      DWDavisRSLposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am an infrequent Hub poster and several of my Hubs have been unfeatured due to lack of traffic. I have updated a few of them and gotten them featured again and plan to continue to see if I can get the others featured again, too.

2. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is so easy to get featured again. Just edit your hub with any small change such as adding a punctuation... and republish. After 24 hours, it will be featured again.

2. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 8 years ago

I have been here six years Missy and never had even one hub become unfeatured until about a year ago. Now I have had up to 30 at a time. I have managed to get every hub featured again but I don't rush to do it overnight..maybe two or three each day until they are all featured again.  Sometimes it only takes a change to the title, deleting an Amazon capsule or adding a video or a little additional text. I have never deleted a hub, but some others see it differently and find it easier just to delete them and post them elsewhere. So, it's all up to you. Apparently only Google and traffic through searches counts...not social media traffic from facebook etc. It really doesn't matter if they are not featured as they can still be read by your followers and people on HP but they don't show up on the feature pages or Google searches. It is just a personal challenge for me to keep all mine featured.

3. Missy Smith profile image78

Thanks everyone. Some great suggestions here. I think I'll try to get them featured back eventually. However, I'm going to take your advice Jodah, and just take my time. smile

4. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 8 years ago

If a hub is unfeatured for lack of traffic you should be asking yourself why you are not getting any traffic for that hub not just tweaking a few words here and there to get it featured again - if you do that it will just be unfeatured again in a few months time.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1

5. Missy Smith profile image78

I think I'm smart enough to realize this. Lol. That's why I'm going to take my time, and think about how I'm going to change those few hubs up. Good grief! No offense, and I'm sorry if I'm wrong in saying this, but some of you on here seem to think you are the  experts on every little thing here on hubpages. It doesn't matter if someone, like me, is not truly concerned with the unfeatured title and just wanted others opinion. You know, to participate in the forum. To maybe have NICE, INTERESTING, conversations without bs know-it-alls. I mean I am a poetry writer for the most part, and posted under that. Should have given a good hint that I wanted to interact with others like me, not a-holes! Just saying! Can some of my creative writers give me an +1 on that!!! Goodness! Lol

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Why did you ask for suggestions if you didn't want them?

I really don't understand some people - they ask for advice and then slam those who offer it. You don't have to do anything anyone suggests; take what sounds right for you and ignore the rest. No need to be so bloody rude.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
        DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am always surprised and pleased to see people like you, Marisa, and LeanMan helping these people, even if a lot of them turn around and make nasty comments to you afterwards. (I think that is why writers like relache and Writer Fox do not help out here as often.)
        She probably wanted to hear "All of those hubs were unfeatured because of someone elses mistakes. It is all HP´s fault". They find it hard to believe that it is because their poetry is not searched for, their COMMENTS are not in english, or their short stories are third grade quality.

Thank you, Dr Mark.

This is on her profile:

"She is a free thinker and free spirited personality that always looks at the big picture and never makes harsh judgments on anyone or anything."

Maybe calling people a-holes is not a harsh judgment? Am I, perhaps, living in a parallel universe?

2. makingamark profile image69
      makingamarkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Agreed - I haven't seen anything in this thread (edit: at the time I was posting) which warranted this type of reaction.

If you want a technical answer to a technical question then ask it in this forum - and you will get, as always happens on forums, answers from people who think they know the answer (even if they don't)

If you feel offended by what people have written (based on comments above I can find no good reason for any offence being taken) then this forum is probably not the best place for you to have discussions.

(You may have thought you posted in a poetry forum but you didn't!)

3. Marisa Wright profile image87

Missy Smith, I don't see anyone being nasty to you, so why are you being so nasty to everyone else?

You ASKED about unFeaturing so that's what we are responding about.  If you want to talk about something else, start the conversation accordingly, surely?

I'm glad you understand that making a few small changes to get a Hub reFeatured isn't a long-term solution - you would be surprised how many people do NOT understand that, and that's why we mention it.  You seem to be reading some kind of insult into it which is just not the case. 

It is very hard to get traffic for poetry no matter how good it is, and that is your fundamental problem.  Cardisa has written a great Hub on how to improve your chances.

4. Jodah profile image90
      Jodahposted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
        DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I was surprised you "+1"ed this since, to the best of my memory, you have never called anyone an a-hole before.

1. Jodah profile image90

DrMark, Nope, I never have or will call anyone names here and I didn't +1 any post calling people names. It was just in support of poetry in creative writing and I didn't agree that Missy Smith's profile should have been brought into it.

You +1 a post that called other forum members bs know-it-alls and a-holes. I thought you were agreeing with the whole post. It seemed you only read her last sentence.

I brought her profile into it because what it says is not how she presents herself on the forum (see above). Somewhat hypocritical, I thought.

1. Jodah profile image90

+1 ..Hmm, you are right. It would appear that way.

6. Missy Smith profile image78

Hahahaaaa... This is very amusing folks! Keep up the good work! Keep those comments coming I gave you the fuel you wanted so just do it!!! lol. My point is there are several here that wait to pounce and make negative remarks and it could be the simplest post, it doesn't matter, you want to be in control here. Lol... Hey, creative writers.... What did one of these people say; people like us???? Or something like that. Oh, and thanks for quoting my bio the ragged edge. I am exactly that! And that is why you may continue your rants and I will smile and laugh and enjoy. I'll take a picture of myself doing so if you would like. lol. No, I'm not judging. I just am confused why it's the same ones here putting in their opinions in a forum that they don't write for. I put it under the category of Poetry! Meaning that's the ones I relate to and want to talk to. No offense to you all, but stay to the forums you are accustomed to. We people, "creative" writers I promise will not bother you there.

There's only one person ranting around here, Missy dear, and that's you with your badmouth name calling.

You posted under "Getting Help from the HubPages Community", so why don't *you* stick* to your "own" forums. I'll refrain from calling you names, because I never stoop so low, but I can think of a few choice ones for you.

7. Missy Smith profile image78

Oh, and thanks Jodah! I knew you would get what I was trying to say. I mean it's not even fun to come post in the forum when we have such negativity waiting to reply to such simple stuff. And they wonder why others don't participate. Wake up Hubpages, you have some bullies here. Again, the forum was under Poetry!!!! Now carry on try to get a rise out of me in a negative way. I'm just gonna laugh at your antics to do so.

This post is not under Poetry.   Take a look at the top of the page - you have posted in:

Hubpages >> HubPages Forums >> HubPages Tutorials and Community >> Help for New Hubbers >> Getting Help from the HubPages Community >> Unfeatured Hubs from lack of traffic

...so you see,not in Poetry at all. 

Perhaps you could hit the "report" button and ask the moderators to move the post to where you want it.  Though they may not be keen to do so, since the text of your post does seem to suggest you are asking about unFeaturing, not about poetry.

8. Missy Smith profile image78

One more thing... People who really do know me, know that what I say is not in the form of judgements. They are in the form of observations. smile

1. makingamark profile image69
      makingamarkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Has it occurred to you that

EITHER: You posted in the wrong forum - this thread is very clearly in HubPages»Hubpages Forums»HubPages Tutorials and Community»Help for New Hubbers»Getting Help from the HubPages Community

OR it was moved to the right forum for the topic by a Moderator?

9. Missy Smith profile image78

Well, I remember putting it under poetry Marisa. If for some reason it did not go there, or I posted it wrong,  I am telling you now who I thought would read it. And now that you know, you will be an understanding little gem of a person and stop commenting, right?! Obviously, you and I have nothing in common, that was determined months ago In the forum. You do know who I am and the type of writer's I associate with here. That's what I don't get too; why bother, even if I did not post it in the right forum by accident, you know you are not in my creative circle, so why bother commenting? I'll answer for you; it's because you just want to. You feel need to be looked at as the most knowledgeable here for some reason. You have a few others that follow your lead, but I'm telling you that I do not want your responses. I know you have no interest in saying something positive or I wouldn't mind. Like I said, maybe I jumped the gun here and assumed you and your cohorts were being mean, but let me explain why; I come here to the forum sometimes and I watch writers ask for help with something. It could be as simple as helping with QA, and then I watch and read how you among your posey gang up and start spitting out such negative downgrading responses and then act like you are trying to help. No, there is a way to help without being so degrading to ones abilities as a writer. I'm thinking of a certain young lady in particular that posted a little while back, you tore into her so bad that every time she commented back, being nice and thanking you, you would come back with more mean negative shit to tell her. Didn't your mom ever teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say keep your trap shut?! Even if it was true this young lady was bad at writing, we are here to build up, make people better so they can work on what they love to do. We are not here to destroy spirit. You, and the others, whom I know will know who I'm talking about, only try to destroy a person's confidence. I think it's a shame and I feel shocked hubpages hasn't noticed yet. Now, I would like to continue to discuss things in the forums with people who actually have more than harsh opinions and suggestions. This obviously, does not include you and a few others, so I'm asking you nicely; when you run across me skip me? I want positivity in my conversations only! Thank You!

No-one was nasty to the 'young lady' until she was nasty to us. It was unncessary and immature. Now, of course, we know why. She (I think 'he') is about 14 at a guess and obviously had no idea how to behave on a forum. A bit like you, really. Are you 14?

I tell you what, if you don't like straightforward and honest replies, why don't you leave the forums?

10. Missy Smith profile image78

My above post stands, but I do want to apologize, because I admit that I didn't read one of your posts through Marisa because I thought it was going to be too negative. I actually did judge in that way i notice that now. And the above post explains why I thought that way. Your above comment, I didn't thouroghly read, actually wasn't bad, to my surprise, so I am big enough to apologize. However, I still stand at what I wrote above, I have read so many harsh words you've sent to people that I know I jumped to conclusions here because of that. First impressions do go a long way and the first time I posted here in the forum you and the others were pretty harsh with your comments. However, I will notice my mistake in this forum and apologize.

1. Ramkitten2000 profile image91
      Ramkitten2000posted 8 years agoin reply to this

So, you don't REALLY want honest feedback and help. You want praise even if it's B.S. in order to stroke your ego.

Kudos to theraggededge, Marissa and others who take so much time to try to help people who come to these forums, wondering why their hubs have been unfeatured, presumably asking for help rectifying that situation, and yet you get so much crap like this. There is occasionally the one who appreciates your time and effort, regardless whether he or she implements all or any of your suggestions or heeds any of your advice, but that seems to be the exception lately rather than the norm. You--raggededge, Marissa, makingamark, etc. (sorry, I don't recall everyone at the moment)--deserve thanks for giving a rat's you-know-what, not this ... you-know-what.

This seems to be someone who was looking for a fight.

11. Missy Smith profile image78

Look everyone. This wasn't really even suppose to be a question. This was only an attempt to post a topic of conversation. Lol. And if you read my initial post, I believe it would be easy to see. And no, I definitely do not care about boosting my ego. At All!!! It's not me.

Missy, actually I have absolutely no idea who you are and I apologise if you felt I was harsh towards you at some time in the past.    I am Australian and we can be blunt in the way we speak - if the facts are unpleasant we don't see the point of dressing them up in pretty words, and I know some Americans don't "get" that.

You say your post wasn't even supposed to be a question.  If you look back at your original post, you did ask "Do you feel you should attempt to keep all hubs featured, even the older ones?"
      That's a question.  We answered it.  I'm still not understanding why you find that objectionable.

12. Missy Smith profile image78

Yes, I said it wasn't really in the form as a question as much as I hoped it would be looked at as a simple discussion piece. I know another Aussie on here Marissa. He doesn't act harsh at all with his opinions. He is very kind. Even when he has an opposite opinion, he would put it in a polite context. But, you are right, everyone isn't the same, and I should realize this. I accept it, but I don't like the outcome of how some people express their helpful thoughts. It's probably because I have had too much negativity In my 44 years of life, and I'm just going to choose to walk the opposite way if confronted with it again. That means, unfortunately, I am done with forum. Im happy enough writing in my genre and speaking to my fellow genre writers. It's not about success to me, it's about just loving the process of poetry and being happy if someone appreciates my words. That's it! And you are also right, you wouldn't know me, I think you delve so much into commenting on everyone's posts here, one would not stick out or make an impact on you. That's too bad really. There's a lot of good people here. smile Thanks for participating all the same. This subject should be closed now. Let's see if people can do this and go on with their lives. Peace!!!

13. Missy Smith profile image78

One more thing before I go. I saw this today and I thought, I really relate. This is why I don't get people who send out very blunt messages. You see, because all of us aren't ones who understand that. Some of us know that there is a different and kind way to disagree even if you disagree. I don't know, but I miss Robin Williams and I think it's because I saw his kindness how I see mine. Sorry if I bug people for it.

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12791689.png

14. Ramkitten2000 profile image91
    Ramkitten2000posted 8 years ago

This is ridiculous. If you're going to go, go. Please.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)