jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Title vs URL

1. 0
    LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago

I noticed when I was copying the URL of one of my hubs that it did not match the title of the article. I checked another one and found the same thing. I think that the URL has the original title before I edited it. Is there anything I should do about that? Does it affect the search. I usually just throw a title up to get started then go back later and refine it.

2. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

That original title you put in remains as the URL; it cannot be changed. I found this out after-the-fact as well. I wish it was emphasized more that the title we put in first is permanent after we click "continue" to begin writing our hubs.

It may help or hurt, depending on how much you've tweaked the article/title via editing. If both have the right keywords, it won't matter that much.

We should be very careful that the first title (URL) we put in is really what we want. It should be succinct since it is permanent and will become part of the search. We can always alter the article title by adding more if we think it will increase search queries.

3. 0
    LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the info. I will definitely before careful in the future.

1. 0
      LisaKeatingposted 2 years ago in reply to this

*be more

4. The Examiner-1 profile image84
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

A long as the URL basically matches the article, the title can be a little different but not too much.