jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

How to See the Social Share Count for Your Hubs

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago

As many of you have noticed, the new social buttons on Hubs no longer display the share count because it causes the page to load much more slowly (you can read more about our decision to switch to static share buttons in the latest Blog Post). We're still looking into ways to display the count without the longer load time, and we'll be doing thorough testing to ensure that our final design is optimized for as many shares as possible.

Although the count will not show up for readers in the current iteration, several Hubbers have mentioned that they would still like to know those numbers for personal reference. Here's how to do that easily:

1. Copy the URL of the Hub you want to know the share count for.
    2. Visit Like Explorer
    3. Paste the URL into the input box and click "Check Now."

Happy Hubbing!

1. grand old lady profile image91
      grand old ladyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have tried twice today to share a hub by Ms. Dora, but the share button doesn't work. Can you please fix it?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
        Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We're having some issues with the H+ button currently, but the Engineering Team is working on it right now, and it should be fixed soon.

All of the other sharing buttons should be working. Are you having trouble with any of the others?

1. grand old lady profile image91
          grand old ladyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I haven't tried the others, just the share button. Glad to know you are working on it:)

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's a great link. Some of the results perked me right up. Others made me realize it's a long road to Tipperary. big_smile

2. mommytalks profile image60
    mommytalksposted 3 years ago

That's a great tip and all, but the fact that the results are no longer transparent on the Hubs is frustrating. Any one of us could *say* a particular hub has 500,000 FB likes. How would a reader know if that were true or not? Not having that proof is annoying to me.

working