What Happened To The Sharing Logos on Hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)
  1. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 8 years ago

Been trying to share  hubs I'm reading with pinterest, twitter, hubpages, etc. The logos usually found on the right side of the page are gone.  Have I missed something?  Anyone else noticing this too?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image91
      Sherry Hewinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

They are at the top left of the page.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
        Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

But not on all hubs. There is an issue with screen width. Some hubbers can see them, some cannot. I do not see them on any of my hubs or any one else's hubs. This is not good !

1. stricktlydating profile image85
          stricktlydatingposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm not seeing any share buttons either. Desperately wanting all my readers to be able to view these buttons no matter what device they use, because I produce work for others to share on social media. They weren't working for me on Windows with the last update to page layout but they were there and are now gone.

2. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 8 years agoin reply to this

They moved them to the left side at the top.  I thought they were gone too when I arrived home from work this evening.  The hubs look so different.  I didn't know they were going to change them all around.

vocalcoachposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Faith - Even the ones that were moved are not there now.

3. agvulpes profile image84
      agvulpesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Try this :  Hold 'Control' and click on the Minus sign to 'shrink' the page. The Buttons may just appear by magic smile

Thanks.  I'll try this.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years ago

Some of us have not been able to see any social sharing buttons on our hubs.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/130400

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years ago

Also:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/130398

Apparently the social sharing buttons are there, but according to Marina we may have an issue with the width of our hub screen and the buttons are not showing up.  I sure hope they fix that REAL SOON.

Thank you Phyllis and thanks too for the link.  This problem needs to be fixed and soon!

4. paradigm search profile image55
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

Me thinks HP uses us for their beta testing. Since it saves them a lot of money, I'm fine with it. big_smile

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
      Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Glad to know you are "fine with it" Para, but some of us are not.  I have no share buttons and no Previous / Next.

1. paradigm search profile image55
        paradigm searchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

And now that us beta testers have told them about it (among other things), it will be fixed. Isn't it nice to be wanted and needed? big_smile

2. profile image0
        SirDentposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Had the same problem.  Try going into your browser settings and zoom out to 90%.  It worked for me.

Will do and thanks.

5. Author Sam profile image56
    Author Samposted 8 years ago

you can copy and paste

6. Author Sam profile image56
    Author Samposted 8 years ago

you can do copy and paste

7. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91
    PurvisBobbi44posted 8 years ago

Good Morning,

Check on the left side at the top and bottom. Have a great day ladies.

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Apparently, it's only with desktop you can see them. Depending on the device, people are still having trouble. I checked top and bottom, Purvis, didn't see anything.

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
        Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Not even on desktop. They are not anywhere. HubPages should fix the glitch as soon as possible to avoid unnecessary tension.

8. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 8 years ago

The share buttons and the links to next/ previous topics is no more on available on most of the hubbers' pages. We are forced to manually share our articles with others on social media, since 4 days.
    I hope the HubPages administration will be seeing all these complaints of writers and will fix the problem as soon as possible.

9. miriamyentraccm profile image72
    miriamyentraccmposted 8 years ago

Hi! I found this site: https://clicktotweet.com/basic
    On this site you can add a (Click to Tweet) link on all your hubs, but you have to have the URL shortened first. Check it out! There are also YouTube videos on this, if you don't understand how to add it.

Now there's a thought! We add our own share buttons at the bottom of our hubs. If it can be done with Twitter, there's probably ways to do it with FB and Pinterest as well. A simple, unobtrusive link list at the bottom of each hub.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
        Jayne Lancerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just did a quick search, and it seems this might work: http://www.sharelinkgenerator.com/

Awesome, bookmarked it! I'd post it in that other thread, but I think HP is already mad at me. lol

2. janderson99 profile image54
          janderson99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

@jayne Brilliant I have started to add links to the end of my pages as HP will probably never do it for mobiles. DIY yeah!
          http://www.wotisnew.com/shareit.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)