jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

A Way to Tell Which Hubs Make Amazon Sales

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

I was wondering if it's possible to have a feature in which we can tell which Hub made a specific Amazon sale, kind of like we have with the eBay sales. It'd be handy and satisfy much curiosity.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We currently have no plans to change the way that Amazon sales are tracked, but will keep this in mind for future feature development.

1. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Matthew. Much appreciated.

2. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Anyone who doesn't think this info is really important is shooting themselves and their web earnings in the foot.

2. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 2 years ago

Unfortunately, Hubpages only allows the one tracking code for all your Amazon ads.

The other thing is, people who click on your Amazon ads won't necessarily buy that thing. If they buy any number of other things within 24 hours of the first visit (from your ad), you still get the commission from whatever they bought.

Sometimes you can come out way ahead, if they buy something really expensive, compared to what was in your ad. smile I've had that happen.

3. LongTimeMother profile image98
    LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago

I can generally guess which hub made a sale just by looking at the products that are shipped. 'My earnings' (from beneath your user name) then 'Amazon Reports' gives a full list. Sometimes there's a surprise that seems completely unrelated to any hub I've written, but I accept those surprises as one of life's mysteries. smile