jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Should I do an attribution or my own photos?

1. CatherineGiordano profile image93
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

When I use my on photos, should I include an attribution.  Should I type in my own names as the source or leave it blank?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it's required when it's your own photo, but I do it anyway....

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Catherine,

It's not required to publish on HubPages, but it's a good idea because it helps to establish trust with your readers and demonstrate that you are an expert with personal experience.

It is also required in order to be eligible for some HubPages programs and contests.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

It's not required, but I also do anyway. How else is anyone going to know that you took the photo?  It is also a good place to place the copyright symbol.

3. cosplaycentric profile image89
    cosplaycentricposted 2 years ago

Hello Catherine,

As a photographer myself, I definitely agree with Christy in this, especially because I use my own photographs within the blogs I create. It is a good way of getting your name out there, as well as shows your own creativity and talent.

Be careful not to link too many times if you have your own photography site (i.e. don't link each photo, just write your name). If you do have a site, maybe leave it down at the end of the post in a "link" box.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!