Squidoo vs HubPages, experience thus far

1. Lionrhod profile image93
    Lionrhodposted 2 years ago

I was pretty much brand new to Squidoo when they sadly folded. I started in about March, my computer died around June and when I got back last week, I found we'd been moved.

Here are my thoughts so far:

It's challenging going from a "list as many products as you can" site to one that focuses on listing few or even none. I'm still working out what the best of both worlds is, but I'm happy with less-is-more in this direction. I never felt right looking for MORE products to add to a page.

On Squidoo, I felt highly connected to the Big Squids who helped out by answering many of my newbie questions. I felt completely disconnected from the real folks in charge. Here it's exactly the opposite. I don't feel like I have a lot of mentors. At the same time, Paul Edmonsen, owner of HP is kind and responsible enough that he personally answers many questions.

So what's your take? And how can we old and new Hubbers make this a better place to write?

2. Kim Milai profile image84
    Kim Milaiposted 2 years ago

It is definitely different but I'm liking some of the changes like less products, more writing. I haven't had hardly any of the technical issues some have had except for the AdSense thing which is still ongoing.

A neat thing is that when editing my old articles, I see I'm a better writer now than I was a year ago! I could see so many improvements I could do on my old work - which makes me happy. Thanks old Squidoo! 

I like the editing layout in HubPages, so far so good!

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you have questions, place them in the forums. There are a lot of writers that will help. I'm surprised that you think there aren't. Most times, you'll get 20 replies.