jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

How do I verify with pinterest

1. Emilia Riera profile image59
    Emilia Rieraposted 2 years ago

I was verified through Squidoo.  Can't remember what I did then.  Now, I am asked to post a tag or upload a file.  How can I do either of these?  Which is easiest or preferable?

1. lisavollrath profile image93
      lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe you can do either of those things here at HubPages. When I verified my personal web site address, I had to upload an HTML file to my server, which we can't do here. I think the tag involves inserting HTML into a page, which we also can't do here.

1. colorfulone profile image88
        colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Did you check in Help on Pinterest? Maybe there is a glitch / bug that has been addressed already.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
        The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

lisavolrath,
        There is an HTML box in the text capsule. A certain amount of only some HTML is allowed.

Verification of your web site on Pinterest with a tag requires you to insert HTML so that it appears in the root document of your site (yourname.hubpages.com). We cannot do that.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Emilia,
      Do you mean to verify that something you pinned has been pinned?
      First you become a member of Pinterest; then when you open it in a new tab you can see whether or not it is there. Below is a link which may interest you:
      <link snipped>

She means she wants to verify her web site. That gives you a little check mark next to your site link on Pinterest. It's not really necessary.

working