jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Low Score, Higher Traffic

1. Kain 360 profile image87
    Kain 360posted 2 years ago

I have been on HP for a while, but why do some hubs lose score, but increase in traffic at the same time?

It is kind of ironic. Some hubs go to 90-100 with lower traffic, but then they go to 85ish with higher traffic.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Traffic has nothing to do with a Hub Score. 

I have a Hub with 197,000 views in the past 12 months.  It's Hub Score is 77. All this means is that the QAP rating system is not the same as the Google rating system.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

EXCEPT....for that one tiny part where the second factor taken into account when calculating HubScore IS traffic.

What is extremely key to Hubs and traffic is that your traffic not just come to your Hub, but hang around and interact, instead of just leaving.  High-volume/low-interaction traffic is how you get high pageviews and a low HubScore.

Get stickier visitors and you'll soon see that score go up.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
          Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Paul E. changed this. Four weeks ago he announced that scores now have little to do with traffic:
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123954? … ost2624661

2. Marie Gail profile image88
      Marie Gailposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for asking this. I've been wondering the same thing. Reading, reading . . .

2. janshares profile image86
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Algorithms will do what they do, along with Google updates. I'm seeing they same, Kain. It's the nature of the beast.

3. shuck72 profile image80
    shuck72posted 2 years ago

Same for me, the key scores seem to be above 40 for a hub and above 75 for a hubber score so you don't get no follow.  If both are over that I don't waste time worrying about either.

4. Rachael Tate profile image83
    Rachael Tateposted 2 years ago

I'd been wondering the same thing.  I had a hub score jump several points overnight, a period over which it had zero views.  Baffled as to what happened while I was sleeping!

5. Zainab Tarawali profile image90
    Zainab Tarawaliposted 2 years ago

I don't understand it either. But like janshares says, it is what it is!

6. AaronBurton profile image61
    AaronBurtonposted 2 years ago

I don't even pay attention to the score. Score doesn't really dictate the traffic you get in my opinion. I've only been on for 3 days so im not too knowledgeable on the subject but my scores range.