My hubber score is not rising

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (57 posts)
  1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years ago

My hubber score is not rising despite all activities prescribed by the hubpages.

Average of my hubscore is increased a lot. Traffic has gone doubled. Backlinks to my profile page and hubs are also increasing.

My forum participation is well and I am at the top position in this forum thread.

My fan base is increased many folds and I am continually receiving comments on my hubs. I am also reading, commenting and rating others' hubs continually.

I have been participating in Hubmob and other activities.

I can not find a single reason why my hubber score is not increasing. It remains between 92 to 94. Seldom it riches 95.

Can any one throw light what am I missing?

1. profile image0
      Lecieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i just recently joined hub. my score will take a long time to be what yours is. i think if you keep posting your score is bound to keep climbing. as others have mentioned it helps to have views from outside hub. maybe if you had more fans as well. i'll go become one to see if your score rises.
      have fun and be creative
      lecie

2. Moon Goddess1854 profile image61
      Moon Goddess1854posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm a newbie here so I can't say much about scores. I wrote 8 hubs and so far, all my hubs haven't reached anywhere 70. 

Adding to that, I'm technology challenged, so I don't really know how to make my posts develop exposure outside HubPages.  Not to mention that I just read and rate most of the time and never really pipe in as much in any conversation or thread.

So I don't know how the hubscore really works..smile

3. JWestCattle profile image61
      JWestCattleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, you have learned a lot in your two years with the hub. You've managed to drop my hub score a full 7 points in 24 hours, it might just be a record, but I don't mind, it was worth it to have you post my response to your misguided comments.....regards, Jimmie

1. Dame Scribe profile image57
        Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Placing blame on another for a drop in Hub score is not of anybody's doing except your own. Jyoti is quite friendly, helpful and knowledgeable in his own right. The display of disrespect says a lot about yourself. It's ok to disagree with somebody but maybe next time try presenting yourself in a friendly manner rather than mean spirited. It can make quite a difference. hmm

1. JWestCattle profile image61

It got your and Jyoti's attention, that was his goal in addressing this forum, and while my hub score profile has gone back up, it was still worth calling Jyoti out on that score.

2. JWestCattle profile image61

I would also add that Jyoti does come off as personable and friendly, but clearly not when someone factually objects to his viewpoint of the USA as the villain of global warming and thust should financially assist developing countries to resolve their own emissions.  Otherwise, he would leave my response to him posted and accept the "knowledge conveyed.  My ego is only involved in the primary school comment.  Beyond that, my passion and my goal is factual knowledge of the real international issues of climate change.  Jyoti clearly does not share that passion or concern for the planet, his concern is only for his region and very clearly his hub score.

Here is that response, as he has removed it yet again:

Well Jyoti,
          You are not even at a primary school student level......if you bothered to actually look at the referencing report, Livestock's Long Shadow, you would find that the FAO's estimated global total of methane emissions for beef cattle is 50.16, and the sum total of Sub Saharan Africa, Central and South America, and China is PRECISELY 59.17%. It is always wise to read contextually.
          Obviously, I can't relay all data in the report, but one would hope an interested reader would reference the report for clarification.
          That very lack of actual reading of this FAO indictment of livestock, particularly the beef cow, is precisely why it has become accepted by so many 'believers' as gospel, it has not been torn apart in the media for the farce and underhanded approach to socializing agriculture that it actually is.
          And I would also note that India's contribution to nitrous oxide emissions directly into the air from untreated human waste, not to mention the nitrous oxide and other pollutants from your human waste poured in to the oceans, would surely far out pace the methane emissions of the beef cattle herd in the United States or the whole of North America.
          My point, and perhaps I have not been fully clear, is that the livestock industry in the USA, and in particular our beef cattle, are in no way the bad guys in the whole cast of climate change or global warming villains. It's bunk.
          As for India, India's contribution from beef (non dairy) cattle is 3.94 million tonnes, a slight nudge ahead of North America, which has a total of 3.85. Oh, and that makes India 4th in methane emissions from beef cattle.
          The United States is supposed to set the big example for the world to follow in the cause of human created climate change -- but at the loss of our small agricultural farms and ranches? No Way -- and I consider that a very 'elementary' concept.
          Best regards, Jimmie
          ALSO:
          A couple of other things you might be interested to know.
          The global total of methane emissions from ALL livestock, per the FAO, is 85.63 million tonnes. And India is the second largest source of those emissions at 13.80% -- Central and South America win first prize, and Africa takes third.
          North America? We only contribute 5.89% of all global livestock methane emissions. Beef Cattle, Dairy Cattle, Buffalo, Sheep and Goats, and Pigs are included in the FAO's estimations. You can have a look yourself at Table 3.7 in Chapter 3, on Page 97. It is quite enlightening.
          Best regards, Jimmie

4. Hamza Hussaini profile image76
      Hamza Hussainiposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I have joined recently and my score has gone up to 79 in 4-5 days. What I have observed is that the profile score depends on how active you are, the 'word count' and how 'SEO friendly' your writing is. If you dont the have idea of SEO you can learn on YouTube. My articles are usually 1200-2000 words long with many SEO friendly keywords, they have always topped on the relevant niche's page. My article scores on average keeps ranging between 70-75, and then every time it gets featured, I get points added to my profile. Hope this helps.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
        DrMark1961posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Since that guy has been banned over 10 years then no, it does not help.
        Please check the date if you are opening up an old thread. The very old threads do not help new HP writers but they do often confuse them.

2. Misbah786 profile image84
        Misbah786posted 20 months agoin reply to this

It's incredible that you figured it out in 4-5 days; we've all been trying to figure it out for years.... Lol!! big_smile

By the way, Welcome to HP! smile

2. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Going by the way my scores vary and my viewing stats, I suspect getting views from outside of Hubpages adds a lot more to a score than getting views from other hubbers.

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

@ Writeangled,
      More than 80 percent of my traffic from out side the Hubpages and less than 20 percent of my traffic accounts to hubpages.

I think it is a pretty good statistics.
      What do you think?

2. profile image0
      Iðunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WriteAngled:  very very true.  this is why ultimately the cliques and stuff are not that important and many of the top hubbers rarely wade the forums at all without score penalty for choosing not to.

3. Sufidreamer profile image77
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

I love your informative content, and you certainly deserve higher.

I had a quick look through your Hubs, and the only thing that I can think of is that you have lots of links going to the same blogspot domain in some of them - the Jaipur one.

Maybe the system is punishing you for that - if you took a few out, or scattered them around your Hubs, that might send your score to where it belongs smile

Hi Sufi,
      Thanks for your post. You have pointed one and I will review that point.

2. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I float around the 91-93 range most of the time also Jyoti, Its never really concerned me too much.

Its just a number! ...of course its easy for Sufi to smile down at us from his lofty 100 ..*sigh* one day, my ducks will be in a row and I will get higher than a 95 too!

Im really,really kidding..when I first started and only had 3 hubs published I hit the 97 range on a normal basis. Its just a number.

3. Sufidreamer profile image77

Must admit, I have never understood it - my traffic is crap (over 300 per day is a very good day). The score peaks when I release a couple of Hubs, then sinks.

I am not complaining though - for my purposes, a good score = good publicity, the stuff of life for a freelance writer. big_smile

Sunforged is right, though, Jyoti - if you attract good business through HP and enjoy being here, then that is all that matters smile

My traffic roles between 500 to 600 per day and as I have stated earlier more than 80 percent of this traffic is from out side hub pages.
        I want to know why my hubber score is so low. My query is to satisfy a question and I do not bother for earnings too much.

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
          Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jyoti, my HubScore remains a mystery to me. I have only 34 Hubs published here, and traffic is not usually more than 200 per day, but often my score reaches 100 and is seldom below 96. I don't write on trend topics, and I don't focus on SEO and keywords. I'm doing what I enjoy and what I think is meaningful.

There are those here who stay at that top HubScore consistently, and it's worthwhile to look at what they are doing and how that differs from what you (and I) are doing.

Is it a matter of language, organization, and readability in your Hubs? Is it a matter of promoting your Hubs to social networking sites? Is it a matter of picking up on trends, or looking for that "evergreen" content? Is it a matter of writing a Hub that contains at least 900 words? I really don't know. But there's a wealth of information here on HP where Hubbers share their experiences and techniques. Listen to what they have to say.

I've been a fan of yours for a long time. I very much enjoy your participation in the forums and also the topics you write about.

We learn from others. Look at those Hubbers who have consistently high HubScores to see what they are doing.

Best wishes to you.

And, yeah! I'd like to know that algorithm too.

1. profile image0
            WildIrisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a nice, informative response.

4. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't worry about hubscore, I myself am more worried about boosting traffic to my hub pages and the earnings, roughly I get over 2,100 views a day, but I'm trying to go through some hubpages that need optimizing from when I first started here over 3 years ago and hopefully together with a backlinking campaign schedule in place I can double or triple that traffic statistic!

So a score seems like it's important, but not totally!

5. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Mine just dropped a couple points for no discernable reason.  It does that sometimes...'S ok.

6. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years ago

To the best of my knowledge, the most important thing that goes into HubScore is what you are writing about and the interactions of visitors from outside of HubPages with your Hubs.

But really since HubScore has no effect or relevance to earnings, I tend to put more credence into what Analytics tells me about traffic and keywords, and how much my Hubs earn, and not worry about a few points of score one way or the other.

Hi Relache,
        my hubs get good interaction with in and out side hubpages and still my hubber score is not reaching over 95.

My case is little different from you as I do not bother much for my income in Hubpages. It is a pea nut comparing to my real life income from gems and Jewelry business.

However, writing is my passion and knowledge is everything for me. I want to know the algorithm behind the hubber scores.
        I know that hubpages keep it secret but there must be some thing which i can not understand.

This ignorance bothers me and brings here to enhance my knowledge.
        Thanks for your support.

Jyoti Kothari

You say knowledge is everything for you, yet you refuse to post my factual response to your personally derogatory comments.  It would appear you do not wish your readers to have all knowledge about climate change, only what you wish to feed them.  It would appear you have quite a "primary school" attitude about being bested -- to use your expression of me. 

You wonder why your hubscore is not as high as you wish?  I wonder why it is as high as it is, but then perhaps your wide circle of rich friends in the jewelry business spend a little time each day giving you kudos for your message that America is responsible for the ills of this world.

I have posted my response to you again, if you are the ethical person you have presented yourself to be, then you will approve my comments to you.  If not, that will speak loudly for the merits of your intentions.

Best regards, Jimmie West

1. Sufidreamer profile image77
            Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In what way were Jyoti's comments personally derogatory - he was his usual, polite self? You decided to use that Hub to promote your own agenda - you went there looking for a fight and didn't get one.

Now, you are following Jyoti to the forums and looking to continue the battle - as Dame Scribe said, a single Hubber cannot drop your score, so that accusation was highly unfair. Ranting at a kind, well-respected Hubber is not going to get your point across, I am afraid. It is very bad form hmm

If you want people to read your work, a gentler approach works wonders when it comes to attracting fans.

Excuse me?  Jyoti says my calculations are not even primary school level, and in fact it is his own inability or lack of interest that is primary school level, as the data provided to him is correct.  He is ashamed to have my reply to his fretful comment posted.

7. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hubscores and Authorscores are going to fluctuate. These numbers are NOT permanent, and not everyone is going to reach 100.

Just a thought. smile

8. fastfreta profile image74
      fastfretaposted 14 years ago

I was wondering why I could never reach 100.  After I read a hub by Lady_E, I took her advice and finally reached 100, not once but twice.  I found that I was doing all of the things that she recommended except answering and asking questions in the Answers section.  When I did that I finally reached 100.  However I still fluctuate between 97 and 99 most days, but I did reach 100 those two times, and stayed a whole day each time.

As everyone said it's just a number, but I like it.

1. profile image0
        WildIrisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK, fastfreta you've convinced me to check-out  Lady_E's hub. Interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing.

9. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Jyoti, 80% external views sounds as if you are doing marvellously. Maybe one day we can penetrate the mystery of the HP algorithm!

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
        Sally's Troveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL...I'd love to get my hands on that code.

10. MyWebs profile image79
      MyWebsposted 14 years ago

I'm rather new here and all, but I did spend a solid 3 weeks studying and reading everything I could find out about how things works here, hub scores, author scores, what makes a good hub, traffic tips, SEO...

I know I've read in more than one place that the algorithm has a bit of randomness thrown in on purpose. My guess is this randomness makes it more difficult to dissect exactly how the formula really works. You never know for sure if an effect was from one of your actions or pure randomness. Bleeping evil geniuses I tell you.

I do see that having a large percentage of external traffic is a major signal in the formula. They even say that somewhere or another too. Next on the list would seem to be user interaction with our hubs. When I get very positive comments where they say they bookmarked and rated up my hub scores always go up almost immediately for a short period of time.

I think the rest of the formula is a mix of leaving comments on hubs, in forums and asking,answering questions and time since last new hub was published.

This is my best guess. But I know as much as the rest of you....

I seem to be able to maintain a 88-92 for a while now. I'm happy with that. I will get worried if I get down close to 75 where the no-follow links penalty kicks in. Otherwise screw the scores, money,  friends and having fun matter more than some number ever will.

11. Internetwriter62 profile image76
      Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

I think having a ranking of 94 is awesome. Now perhaps your standards are higher than mine. I would ask the administrator why, since you are doing everything right as far as I know.

12. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Don't worry about your hubscore too much, it will always fluctuate, and it has a number of variables, a few of which I am sure the Hubpages staff keep quite.

Try answering questions as well, that might boost you a point or two!

13. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 14 years ago

My work is scattered among multiple sites like squidoo, HP and other content networks. I manage to hit 90+ and i find that good for myself. Highest from me was 95. If you're active on HP-only then i guess you'll hit higher number soon. More number of hubs with backlinks and traffic higher score you'll get. 

If i remember correctly, nelle said you don't need to worry about hubscore if you're interested in sales.

14. xboxps3wow profile image40
      xboxps3wowposted 14 years ago

why are you complaining about hubscore of 93? lol
      but yeah, maybe you need more hubs?

15. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years ago

If you've got a high HubScore, particularly one in the 90s, then don't sweat it. There's nothing to worry about.

16. jimmythejock profile image82
      jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

Hi Jyoti ,
      You are a great writer and all of your hubs are informative and well written  and I enjoy reading when you publish a new one.
      Hubscore may look good on hubpages but to outsiders it means very little, and it does not reflect on google search or even Yahoo or any other search engines you still get visitors from them even if your score goes into the 70s.
      I have had the top score in the past and was there for a long time but it did not bring any extra visitors to my hubs.
      keep up the good work, i look forward to reading it as you publish .....jimmy

17. profile image0
      Lecieposted 14 years ago

maybe if you dedicate more time to the hubs and forums. just write a few more a day and see how that works? i guess it depends on how much you want a higher score. if you want it a whole lot try writing and replying a whole lot more. good luck.

18. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Hyagra ...that is my recomendation... it is a little blue pill that makes hub scores 'Rise'...

Your Welcome... big_smile

19. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59

Thanks every body who have replied my question and posted in this thread.
      Many of the participants say that number does not matter. It does not effect traffic and I need not to bother for those numbers.

However, as I have written earlier, I do not bother for income because income from hubpages is pea nut in comparison to my real life business income.

I am devoting my time in hubpages and other sites to learn, learn and learn....

Hubscore and hubber score is a mystery for me and I want to solve it in a passionate way.

I have answered questions several times, as suggested by some fellow hubbers. I will try again and will see what happens.

Surprisingly, my hubber score is again increased to two points and it is 95 while writing this thread.

Thanks again to all fellow hubbers who have participated in this forum thread to satisfy my query and to enhance my knowledge base.

1. Mutiny92 profile image65
        Mutiny92posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the hubgods must have seen your concern and raised your score!  ;-)

20. ruanz3 profile image59
      ruanz3posted 14 years ago

Is hub score important? I thought it was just a number? How does it benefit you?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It benefits your ego, that's about all! 

Basically, Hubber Score is a reflection of your success, it doesn't contribute to your success.  For instance, the more traffic you get, the higher your score will be.   

External visitors who come to HubPages don't even notice the number - and those who do, don't worry about it.

1. profile image0
          Iðunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nicely put smile

21. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Did you water it?

22. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59

Thanks Dame Scribe and Sufidreamer. Both of you are ahead of me. Can you please suggest me some thing?

Thanks again,
      Jyoti Kothari

23. Sufidreamer profile image77

Jimmie, following somebody to a completely unrelated thread is out of order, as we already stated, and is not helping you get your view across. Start another forum thread stating your views, or write a rebuttal Hub - you are coming across as somebody who just wants a fight. Making snide accusations reflects badly on you, not Jyoti.

At the end of the day, what are you here for?

Starting fights and arguing

or

Developing as a writer and eventually writing a novel about cows

If the first, fair enough - I am done here.

If the second, you will find that the HP community is very good at helping and giving advice, for free. If you gain a reputation as somebody who spends their time insulting others, then you may find that help is not so forthcoming. Dame Scribe is one of the nicest people on Hubpages and, if she takes issue with your manner, you can guarantee that many others have. smile

1. carazoo india profile image57
        carazoo indiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How to check hub score?

Your hubscore is written with the title of your hub. You can click open a hub and find the number.

All of your hubscores can be found in your statistics at My account.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sufi's advice is good, Jimmie.  Your post is completely off-topic apart from anything else.  You're only going to get people off-side who could be very helpful to you in the long term.

You're free to start another thread to state your case if you feel that strongly about it, just not here.

24. Rik Ravado profile image86
      Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

I did try flying to California, renting hospitality rooms at a 5 star hotel and inviting the entire HubPages team for a slap up meal and an evening of entertainment (Black Eyed Peas headlined).  Everyone had a fabulous time but unfortunately my Hub Score still didn't improve!

25. Dame Scribe profile image57
      Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Jyoti smile as Darkside mentioned. Your score is in the 90's so you do not have to worry. You're already in good standing. Keep up the good work.

26. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59

Hubber score remains mystical! I have published few hubs and did everything asked by the Hubpages and followed advice in this forum thread.

My score has gone down to 92 from 95!

Strange!

27. bojanglesk8 profile image59
      bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

It's OK, don't focus on the score too much. It doesn't really matter.

28. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59

Hi,
      Thanks every one for responding to my question. I am highly obliged with all these answers.

However, I could not get the answer I really wanted. I have been doing almost every thing suggested and still could not reach that magical score.

It is not the question whether it means some thing or not but it has become my passion to know the secret.

I hope, that the mystery will be resolved one day.

Thanks again,
      Jyoti Kothari

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)