jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Terms of use regarding payments

1. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 2 years ago

I just read the following in the HP Terms of Use:

"The following are the currently approved payment mechanisms for the HubPages Earnings Program: PayPal ... You must collect the payment amount posted to Your account with the payment company within six (6) months of such payment being made by HubPages. If after such six (6) month timeframe, either You fail to collect Your payment and/or payment is not accepted into Your account with the payment company (i.e. bounced payments), You acknowledge and agree that the funds represented by such uncollected payment may be cancelled and that (if cancelled) You hereby forfeit such payment amount, waive any claim relating to the dispute of such payment, and disclaim any and all interest in such funds."

Does this mean that I have to remove my HP payments from my Paypal account within 6 months or forfeit them? Just what does this mean?

2. Len Cannon profile image90
    Len Cannonposted 2 years ago

It means if you don't have a valid PayPal account for HP to pay into for six months after making the $50 minimum, HubPages will not pay you that money. Once the money is in your account, it is out of HubPages hands and can stay in the bank as long as you like.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's the way I understand it, too.  Although, in the TOS it does say that after six months  "payment may be cancelled", not that HP will automatically do that.  I certainly wouldn't advise anyone waiting that long to transfer to PayPal, though.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

I have no idea, but I would certainly NOT recommend leaving your money in Paypal any longer than necessary.

I've used Paypal for years without a problem, but it's like eBay - when it works fine, it works fine, but when something goes wrong it's very hard to get justice.

So I would recommend transferring your payments to your bank account regularly.

4. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 2 years ago

Thanks, Len and WF, for your explanation. And thanks Marisa. I think your advice to not leave funds in PayPal is probably wise. I've been using it as a means of keeping score of how my writing is producing, but I putting it in the bank makes sense. Besides, I can get a few pennies of interest.