jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Linking to my Blog

1. Sam Edge profile image60
    Sam Edgeposted 2 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

I am new to Hub Pages and I had my third Hub flagged and suspended for an inappropriate link - I linked directly to the Mail Chimp subscription page for my Blog (oops). I see that is a no-no and understand why - it's a little spammy.

My question is this:

"on my other two published hubs I added and link at the bottom 'Check out my Blog" that links to my latest post. Every page on my blog has a subscription form in the side bar menu. Does this put me in trouble with HP guidelines?"

It seems like a grey area. I don't want any more trouble - it's alot of work to publish a Hub and then have it stuck in review.

Thanks, Sam

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Every link should be directly related to the Hub content and not purely promotional.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22733035
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732854

1. Sam Edge profile image60
        Sam Edgeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Okay - thanks for that. One of the reasons I write for hubpages is to increase my overall readership and drive traffic to my writers blog. That must be common.

But, I guess readers can find more about us from our HP pages - the equivalent to a resource block on a guest post.

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

HubPages wants writers who write Hubs for their own sake, not purely to promote other sites - that's why the rules exist. 

However, I use Hubs to promote my blogs and have no problems.  The secret is to write Hubs which are directly related to the content of your blog.

2. Sam Edge profile image60
    Sam Edgeposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the clarification - now I know. My primary goal is to provide quality content for hubpages - I just need to learn how to add the links to my blog without sacrificing content quality. I'll check out your hubs and see how you do it.

Best, Sam

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

All my blogs are dance-related so the only ones with links are my dance Hubs.

working