jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (22 posts)

Huge decline in traffic

1. myefforts profile image85
    myeffortsposted 24 months ago

I have recently noticed a huge decline in traffic for my hubs. Is it only with me or everyone is having the same experience these days. Has there been any change in Google search. 90% of my traffic is organic and comes from Google search...all help is appreciated.

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 23 months ago in reply to this

Yes, it happened after the Panda update in September. What I noticed is that I lost just a few positions in the SERPs, but it was enough to significantly reduce traffic. But it wasn't quite as tragic as I thought. A little bit of a rebound as others are saying. Still writing, because I think you never know. Spending a bit more time on my own sites though. Fact is, ups and downs are a bit "natural" on the Internet.

2. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 24 months ago

Yes, it is a huge decline for everyone, I think.  Mine has plummeted to half of what it was.

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 24 months ago in reply to this

My traffic has rebounded today..nothing spectacular but better than the past few weeks....

1. Sharlee01 profile image66
        Sharlee01posted 24 months ago in reply to this

Mine also rebound today. I was surprised at this, I checked GA and it showed  a traffic increase.

1. ologsinquito profile image93
          ologsinquitoposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Mine has rebounded a bit as well. It's hard to tell what's going on. Maybe we won't get a good read until things settle down.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to implement Writer Fox's suggestions, which include:

- Putting in alt tags on my photos. On HP, this simply means filling in the captions. I also took out the photo capsule headline.

- Getting rid of too many links back to two of my blogs.

- Putting in authoritative links to other sites, not more HP articles or Wikipedia.

I've also taken out a few affiliate links, although I stay well under the limit. I'm continuing to add content during this update, because I don't want the search engines to think I've stopped. I'm trying to update and improve my articles on my main account. Maybe this well help, maybe it won't.

2. myefforts profile image85
        myeffortsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Good to know that.

3. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 24 months ago

My traffic remains pretty steady even when others announce big falls. 

Could it be because I have been here a long time and all my Hubs are 'mature'?  My daily traffic rate and earnings have risen slightly in the last month but a seasonal rise in the run up to Christmas is quite normal.

4. 101Ways2Life profile image89
    101Ways2Lifeposted 24 months ago

I have experienced a drop in traffic and in earnings, however, I have fixed an issue that Google had identified (via Google Webmaster Tools), on some of my hubs. Now I am hoping for traffic to return to normal. Fingers crossed.

5. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 23 months ago

Went from earnings every month to $0 the last 2 months...wth?

6. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 23 months ago

Halloween was a fiasco, but that was to be expected. Otherwise, I remain alive and well.

7. ChrisGibson profile image86
    ChrisGibsonposted 23 months ago

Yeah that September plummet destroyed my October numbers. That Sept problem hit, and I limped on until a week or so ago when I started to climb back up. All of October was -20% across the board though. =P

8. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

Traffic is still down almost half of what it had been.

1. myefforts profile image85
      myeffortsposted 23 months ago in reply to this

that's right. Traffic is still low for me as well.

9. chriscamaro profile image96
    chriscamaroposted 23 months ago

I got hit hard but most of the hit was DUE TO other people getting hit.  Everyone else's numbers fall, so I lost all my link juice from them.  My pathetic organic numbers stayed the same, lol.

10. myefforts profile image85
    myeffortsposted 23 months ago

So I am not the only one here... everyone is facing the same issue.

11. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 23 months ago

Yup, welcome to the club.

12. sundaramponnusamy profile image85
    sundaramponnusamyposted 23 months ago

approx. 70% decline....

13. LindaSmith1 profile image60

traffic in the toilet, but earnings are a bit better.

14. blueheron profile image94
    blueheronposted 23 months ago

My traffic dropped by half after the Panda update. I was just starting to think a monthly payout might be in reach--with a few more hubs! Nope.

15. LindaSmith1 profile image60

With you there blueheron.  In past few months I have added over 30 new hubs, yet everything still stinks.  So apparently, whether you have 10 or 1000 hubs,, it makes no difference.

16. 60
    Didi Zhelevaposted 23 months ago

Here is a break down of the new Panda update and what it means for you and how your pages perform http://in2.so/1wXEpL2