jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

The red and blue arrows today made me laugh!

1. Shades-of-truth profile image85
    Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago

Hope this forum is where my post belongs. I simply wanted to comment, that the red and blue arrows, indicative of our traffic, made me laugh this morning.

Two hubs that I published on the 5th, have arrows pointing down, for a decrease in traffic. I am still grinning - how can they indicate a decrease in traffic, when they have not even been online for three whole days?

Am I missing something?

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago

big_smile  Years ago we used to play games with those arrows.
    Even an initial show of views when a hub is first published will cause a blue arrow once those views slow down.

3. Cheeky Kid profile image91
    Cheeky Kidposted 2 years ago

Maybe your own views on them are counted (that means traffic coming from you while editing them).  big_smile

4. Shades-of-truth profile image85

smile! No, it couldn't be that, as one of them has had no views, so I had to chuckle when I saw the blue arrow. Started my day with a smile!

5. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

Those arrows have to do with a percentage of traffic, so when you have a new hub, and only one view, one more person's decision (to view or not to view) will cause an arrow up or down. Ooh, 100% increase in traffic!

Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Millionaire Tips! I did not know that. I still think it is funny, though!

1. Judy Filarecki profile image92
        Judy Filareckiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree. They do make me laugh a times, but also draw my attention and make me think what I can do to  increase traffic to a hub that has been around for a while.

I can understand that, Judy. What made me chuckle, is that one of them was on a brand-new article!

6. lyndre profile image81
    lyndreposted 2 years ago
  7. Shades-of-truth profile image85

Sorry, lyndre, but I am loathe to click on any links in forums, unless I know the content - or - why I should click on it.

8. RockyMountainMom profile image90
    RockyMountainMomposted 2 years ago

A few of mine made me chuckle today, too.  At the moment, my top hub has two red arrows, but dropped 8 spaces on its topic page, making it fairly nvisible.  (That part is my own fault for sharing other hubs on the page, I'm guessing, but still made me chuckle).  Perhaps I gave lots of us red arrows in that topic today....

You see? It is contagious, isn't it? One of mine that had a 93 or higher rating - I frankly do not remember - dropped way down on the list, and the one that consistently gets the most traffic still does, but is toward the bottom of my short list of hubs.

I must say, it births mirth in my mind, as there is no logic involved.

working