First One to Spot a Red Arrow Post Here

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (65 posts)
  1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

We can't keep on dropping for ever surely?

Therefore there should come a time when perhap one lucky HP writer gets a red arrow.

Post and feel the envy of your fellow sufferers.  I mean writers.

1. bac2basics profile image83
      bac2basicsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ermmm, I´ve got 2 red´s but earnings still crap. Oh well maybe next year will be better, I hope so for us all. Merry Christmas everyone smile

2. joanveronica profile image68
      joanveronicaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've just seen TWO red arrows on my Hubs! Not that it means much, going up from 1 view to all of 4.

2. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

My Christmas Wish is for optimism. SANTA WHERE ARE YOU????

Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Patience Simone.  He is on his way with a bulging sack of surprises.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah - a whole bag full of pretty blue arrows.  From the cold north pole, you know.

3. profile image0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years ago

I haven't got arrows up or down but I'm too new. But I have got traffic even if it is only from HubPages. That's the nice thing about HubPages, isn't it? If you've got your own blog it's always a long wait until you get traffic because you have to rely on the search engines. That's what I found on my Avon blog. It's a long, lonely wait. The thing is, though, I suppose, is that none of this Hubpages traffic I'm seeing is making any money and let's face it, that's what we're all here for at the end of the day, isn't it?

4. Rain Defence profile image91
    Rain Defenceposted 11 years ago

26 blues. 1 red. What do I win?

You win my respect and admiration.  A red arrow.  I remember those.

5. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Blue is as blue does. Nary a red in sight.

6. leahlefler profile image93
    leahleflerposted 11 years ago

Roses are red, arrows are blue.

7. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

Just to make you smile -

http://youtu.be/557tQC86thA

1. bac2basics profile image83
      bac2basicsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nice one 2uesday...merry Christmas smile

8. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

All is not lost - I show 5 red arrows.  5!

And 65 blues, out of 169 hubs.

9. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

30 blue 4 red - which is a bit better than this morning smile  but last night it was all red arrows sad

10. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

Ah man, you guys have red arrows.  It's me and my writing - Google finally realised.

11. DrMark1961 profile image98
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

My page is full of blue arrows so I was surprised to see a red arrow on one of my arthritis hubs. Then I read the number of page views--2! I guess it had been at 0 for so long that 2 was a huge improvement and deserved a red.

12. ThePracticalMommy profile image89
    ThePracticalMommyposted 11 years ago

I now have 2 reds! Sadly, they both had 1 view yesterday and today have a whopping 5-6 views each. Other than that, it's all blues....

It's hope, that's all I ask for.. .hope.  Well done!  Now I can relax for Xmas.

Time for the HP song...

"We're on the up... it's not so bad..."

Fill in as you like.

1. janderson99 profile image53
        janderson99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Blue, blue, my world is blue
        Blue is my world now I'm without you
        Gray, gray, my life is gray
        Cold is my heart since you went away

Red, red, my eyes are red
        Crying for you alone in my bed
        Green, green, my jealous heart
        I doubted you and now we're apart

Nice.  You give Nursey a run for her money.

13. ngureco profile image79
    ngurecoposted 11 years ago

Mark, don’t worry. Be happy. Red arrows will eventually be with us and just in time for Christmas.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7495916_f1024.jpg

14. janderson99 profile image53
    janderson99posted 11 years ago

As a side issue who has the lowest score for hubpages dot  com under Traffic Sources  - anyone beat -39 ?

15. tirelesstraveler profile image61
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

Yesterday there were two red, today two blue wish I was new, but that excuse has flu.

16. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

Woah!  It finally changed (after about 20 hours) and jumped up by 35 views!

Wonder if I'll soon see 50 red arrows as all those individual views catch up with reality?

17. UnnamedHarald profile image93
    UnnamedHaraldposted 11 years ago

One lonely red arrow-- but traffic slowly rising.

18. aa lite profile image84
    aa liteposted 11 years ago

I have 5 red arrows, they don't really mean anything.  A couple of my red arrow hubs had 2 views in the last 24 hours!  Presumably they had no views in the days before that so they are getting better but it's all relative! 

Actually my views are getting better.  But only because I was sent to naughty corner by Google on Dec. 10th and he instructed all the searchers not to play with me.  I think I'm allowed out now, but then HP traffic's dropped, so I am at about 30% of what I had before Dec. 10th.

Red arrows mean nothing, it's all relative.

It may not mean anything but I have not a single red arrow.  Not one.  Pathetic it may be, but I'd quite like to see one, and my cat would be relieved too.

19. Azure11 profile image81
    Azure11posted 11 years ago

29 - 2 to the blues :-(

20. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

17 blues  sad

1 red 

"We're on the up,
    it's not so bad."
    Little Boy Blue
    was never so glad.

Blue arrows here
    Blue arrows there
    My God, there are
    blue arrows everywhere!

Lol.. that's great!

21. janderson99 profile image53
    janderson99posted 11 years ago

A Philosophical Question?
    Why are the A Philosophical Question?
    Why are the Up arrows Red anyway?
    Surely the Down arrows should be Red

Hey that would fix everything - a sea of red arrows!

Because the brain (viewers) is stimulated by the blood (red) being forced up (arrow) into it?  Cooling (blue) and dying finds it falling back down (arrow).

OK - maybe I'm reaching just a little here...big_smile

22. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

Well I just counted 6 red ones and a bunch of blue ones!.......................tongue

23. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

I have some that have double red arrows, they come and go.

24. relache profile image66
    relacheposted 11 years ago

I have four red arrows...

25. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 11 years ago

whoopeeeeeeeee  4 reds..........

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Me still no got none.

I am saddened...

Hah!  With another massive jump in traffic (+6 views) I now have 7 red arrows!

You are doomed, paradigm, doomed I say! big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
          paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Right now
          active visitors on site"

Down from what - 30 or so yesterday or the day before? 

I hope not - I'm viewing this as a glitch, but that would say otherwise.

26. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

Change subject. Could HP get hit by Google over security certif?  I have 2 red arrows and lots blue

While it is possible I suppose, it isn't what we're seeing here.

This is obviously a glitch of some kind, not an actual loss of traffic.  HP numbers no longer line in the slightest with those from adsense or analytics.  They aren't even positive - other threads are reporting many cases of negative views!  What - somebody left the hub without ever being there??

1. aa lite profile image84
        aa liteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Those bastards at Bing took away 1 view from me (I am at -1 from bing).  It is not only Google that is evil!

27. K9keystrokes profile image83
    K9keystrokesposted 11 years ago

80 blue, 7 red, out of 313 published hubs.....cool

28. That Grrl profile image71
    That Grrlposted 11 years ago

Weekends are always slow. This weekend is going to be especially slow. A lot of people won't be online until the shopping malls close up for the night.

I had a lot of blue but I do have some red now. It must be picking up for the evening. Don't fuss over it too much. After Xmas traffic will pick up again. After all, a lot of the retail jobs were only for the holidays. All of those people will be home, unemployed and surfing online. No doubt you can feel better about your traffic now.

Sheesh TG.  I don't want to have to think about unemployed people. It makes my (lack of) red arrows seem kind of unimportant...

2. DrMark1961 profile image98
      DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually my weekends, especially Sundays, are the busiest time of the week.

29. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

I am really on brain overload - too many things happening at once. Anyway, this too shall pass. Merry Christmas. A toast to red arrows.

30. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

3 reds--well outnumbered by blues....yeah, I've got the blues!

31. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 11 years ago

51 red arrows - from 1,000+ hubs. I didn't have the heart to count the blue arrows.

Sung to the tune of "Where are You, Christmas":

Where are you, traffic?
    My hubs can't find you.
    You seem so far away.

I want red arrows;
    My world has turned blue.
    Why can't you make red stay?

32. Zakmoonbeam profile image88
    Zakmoonbeamposted 11 years ago

Got a handful of reds, and I am happy to announce after days of 10 - 25 views over my 40 or so Hubs, my traffic seems to be returning to near normal.  230 views today, all of which apart from 50 were from Google.  Still not up to where I was before, but getting there.

I wish everyone else here good fortune in the return of the reds!

33. Global-Chica profile image89
    Global-Chicaposted 11 years ago

My traffic also seems to have fallen off a cliff although today's traffic's looks slightly better than yesterday's.  I currently have 37 blue arrows and four reds (three of which have just two views each!). I'm not worried though and feel confident things will turn around for the better. Wishing everyone happy holidays!

34. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years ago

Unusual Saturday for me in that my traffic is increasing a little instead of showing a usual minor decrease. So, 76 red arrows with some doubles, and about the same number in blue - they are rotating up and down and around. lol.

Merry Christmas Weekend!

1. weekend profile image60
      weekendposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You, too, Patty!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image87
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What fun!

35. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

From looking at the posts here, I'm beginning to think not everyone's stats page is as messed up as mine. After factoring in midnight vs rolling 24, my stats pages declares ~25% of what GA declares.

36. Greekgeek profile image77
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

4 red arrows out of a hundred hubs on my main account, but traffic has cooled off from 700-800 visits a day to 249.

ETA: although that's probably Hubpages' stats being wonky, as GA has 545 so far today and 641 yesterday.

37. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I always have at least 1 or 2 red arrows.

38. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

Just saw 2 red arrows for first time in a least 5 days; 3 blue. Big surprise was 1 idled out of 29 hubs. Ho hum. I'm not going to try and revive her just yet, too much else to do that take priority right now. Let's keep our heads to the sky hmm

39. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 11 years ago

91 Blue
    16 Red
    Funny...all the red ones with the exception of 2 have Hub Scores of 70 or below.
    Most are in the 60s......

40. rcrumple profile image80
    rcrumpleposted 11 years ago

Page views are down so much it's ridiculous.  From an average of 100+ per day to 18 today.  No reds, 2 blues in 65 hubs.

41. writinglover profile image76
    writingloverposted 11 years ago

I hate to sound so cliche but I've got the blues (arrows, that is) on two hubs...

42. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

I have 4 reds, but so many blues I don't want to count them. I've had record traffic this month until the last couple of days. I figure everyone is out Christmas shopping, getting food ready for parties etc.

43. Au fait profile image83
    Au faitposted 11 years ago

Currently have 6 red arrows and have had even more in recent days.  My views are up today triple yesterday, but I doubt it will last.  Lots of ups and downs on the weekends and I'm sure the holidays will be even worse for views.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)