jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Can I use a link to my website if I'm a newbie at hubpages?

1. Vortex-Success profile image61
    Vortex-Successposted 23 months ago

I posted a few days ago my first hub, which got featured only after I took down the link to my site.
    Is it not allowed to put link if you're new? when can I start doing it?
    Thanks! you guys are great community.

1. TolovajWordsmith profile image80
      TolovajWordsmithposted 23 months ago in reply to this

As far as I know it is not explicitly forbidden, but rushing with links is one of the signs of spammers, so it is good to build few hubs (what about five?) and some following before you start promoting your other sites.

From SEO point of view the link from your first hub is worthless anyway, because you as a hubber and your hub has practically zero authority. So there is really no need to link, right?

Another thing to consider is to include only related links. Only these can help a hub AND your site. Cheers!

1. Vortex-Success profile image61
        Vortex-Successposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Thank you!!
        Very clear and informative info.

2. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 23 months ago in reply to this

The best place to add your website link is on your profile page.  If you are including your link for the benefit of your reader and not for your benefit, then you can add it to your Hub—your intention is very important.   Many spammers write Hubs solely for the link and HubPages is not the place for this type of writing.  Good luck!  I enjoyed reading your first Hub!  smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 23 months ago

Yes absolutely, PROVIDED your website is totally relevant to the subject of your Hub.  Unrelated links are not allowed, ever.