jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

The dreaded Not Featured Quality symbol

1. Kristen Howe profile image83
    Kristen Howeposted 22 months ago

A couple of days ago, I've posted and published a new hub.  After it went through QAP, I've gotten the duplication message. So I've revised it twice and then had gotten a score of 61 with a couple of people who viewed i with the dreaded Not featured-quality symbol. (This is the 2nd time I've gotten NFQ, since I joined Hub Pages.) Since then, I've revised the capsules, rearranged them, changed their subject headers including the main hub, and still have the NFQ them after I've resent it with the pending symbol.  I've only used three Amazon capsules and added a poll, too.  I don't have a camera, except from my laptop, for photos. Do you know any websites that offer free photos?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I took a look at your most recent hub. It says you got the information from another website.  I was not able to find it on the other website.  Did you write this other article? Or did you take the information and rewrite it so it wouldn't be plagiarism?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 22 months ago in reply to this

If you got the duplication message the first time, it was because you copied too much of your information from an article on another site.  That's not allowed, even if you wrote the article on the other site. 

If you then just paraphrased (rewrote it in your own words) instead of writing something original, that may not be enough to satisfy the QAP.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 22 months ago
  3. Kristen Howe profile image83

Relache, I've been there 3 x this week. Thanks for the link on the images.

4. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 22 months ago

I don't understand something about your concerns. Based on what I see, what else do you expect? You're asking for criticism so here it goes...

You say that you don't have a camera to take your own pictures, but in one of your hubs you recomend the iPad. You can use your iPad to take pictures. If you don't have an iPad then how could you review it?

I randomly selected another hub where you discuss a book, only to discover that you copied the text directly from an Amazon review.

Your way of writing does not portray any authority on the subjects you discuss. It becomes obvious to the reader that you don't have any of the things you review. Where are you getting your information from?

If you don't want to be moderated for duplicate content, write your own thoughts. If you don't want to be unfeatured for quality, try writing about your own actual eperiences with books or products so your authority on the various subjects shines through.

5. Kristen Howe profile image83

I didn't write it on the original site. I just put it in my own words. At least, finally, last night, it got approved and featured. I might check out Pinterest for extra traffic.