Edit - Refresh - Edit - Refresh ARRGHHH!.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Lady Lorelei profile image85
    Lady Loreleiposted 9 years ago

I am really getting frustrated with constantly having to refresh my page as I edit or risk losing my edits. The page keeps flipping back to its previous settings and I lose my work until I refresh the screen and even then it often still loses what I have done.

Half the time I do not have a clue what my page will look like until it is published and when I then look at my work I am horrified by what I see. My editing seems to consist of:
    Edit - Refresh
    Edit - Refresh
    Publish - Look (Oh crap how did that image get under the text rather than beside it)
    Edit article AGAIN - refresh (Crap didn't notice that the damn topic changed too)
    Edit article AGAIN - publish.

This buggy system of editing is driving me bonkers.
    (Just Venting)

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I would recommend posting this in the technical forums where the tech support staff can help you.  You will need to provide more information, such as what operating system you are using and what internet browser, etc.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I asked admin to move this whole thread because making duplicate threads is against forum policy.

Lady Loreleiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No whining allowed?

I'm sorry, I thought you actually wanted admin to try and address this problem.

What I am really concerned about at the moment is whether all this republishing is a negative thing as it throws the article back in to the rating pool again. The other conversation was about 4 - 5 months ago when I first came in and we were trying to figure out what was going on.

Issue has obviously not been resolved as it is still rearing its ugly head. Issue is being voiced.

I would much rather not do back to back edits if I did not have to.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
                Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, republishing is a negative thing and totally unnecessary on HubPages, unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean.    By all means revise and update a Hub when you've got some new information to add, or if the rules change, but otherwise it's unnecessary.  It's true that Google likes "freshness" but that means fresh material - so unless you're adding significant new material to the Hub, just republishing it won't make a ha'porth of difference.

This.

I was re-editing because when I looked at my Hub it had images sitting off to the side under the text modules instead of sitting beside. There were 3 areas that were messed up that looked awful. These items when I was editing were supposed to be where I placed them but after publishing somehow wound up misplaced and looking awful. I HAD TO EDIT as I did not want my work looking unprofessional. It is the old flip issue. For some reason the edits sometimes revert or perhaps things are so slow moving that something just does not go where it is supposed to. Anyway my hub is now fixed and looking as it should.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sorry you are having issues using the HubTool.
      I just tested using Chrome in OS X 10.7.5 and did not notice any issues using the HubTool and saving changes.

It looks like you are using an older version of Chrome.
      Please clear your browser cache,  check for a browser upgrade, and restart your computer.

If you continue to have issues, you may want to try a different browser like Firefox or Safari.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems

Thank you Matthew. I had not even thought of the age of the browser as being a possible cause. Both my firefox and chrome are due for an upgrading but I have been putting it off. I guess I better get with the program and just do it.

This would also makes sense as to a photo issue I have that pops up every now and then in chrome. Going to fix this before I shut my computer down tonight. Thank you again. smile

2. Lady Lorelei profile image85
    Lady Loreleiposted 9 years ago

It is a known issue many of us moving over from Squidoo were complaining about in a much earlier forum post.

3. Ramkitten2000 profile image91
    Ramkitten2000posted 9 years ago

I'm having editing issues today, but it seems to be just the link capsule that's acting up for me. Every time I click to edit, it pops me back up to the top of the hub and then, when I scroll back down to the link capsule, it looks ... I don't know, odd. I can't see any of the content.

Had this same issue several months ago also.

4. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

And it is done! All my hubs have been edited and now have the year 2015 date. Sorry, I just had to brag about it somewhere. big_smile

As for the last 3 hubs I edited today, they were indeed slow to load, process, etc.

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Does the year 2015 make them all "fresh?"  big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I hope so. I can just see visitors showing up at hubs, seeing a year 2014 date, and immediately bouncing out. Don't want that. Plus, I did do something significant with each hub. Sometimes content. Sometimes SEO. Sometimes both. Happy Camper Day.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Just changing the date doesn't constitute "fresh".   For some content, I could see it would impress the reader more to have a current date - but I don't think that would apply to all content.

2. Lady Lorelei profile image85

Congratulations paradigmsearch. I usually do a happy dance around the kitchen when I get an accomplishment like that smile  Well done! Perhaps the slow load is why my editing was such a mess.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Hopefully things will be back to normal around here by the end of the week.

smile That would be nice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)