jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

weird thing happening when i link my blog on forums and message boards

1. ddayao profile image61
    ddayaoposted 8 years ago

ive noticed that when i drop a link on a message board or forum lately...if i test out the link and click on it...a new window pops up and either its a blank screen...or it loads incredibly slow...and never shows up...am i linking my blogs incorrectly?

2. retireyoung profile image61
    retireyoungposted 8 years ago

Perhaps you need to post an example.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

When you say "blogs", do you mean your Hubs?  HubPages aren't blogs, they're articles.

If you're adding a referral link, you may be putting it in the wrong place.

I've also found that on some forums, a link simply won't work, no matter what I do.  Whereas I can paste the exact same thing into other forums and it works perfectly.  I'm guessing there is some kind of "no follow" on the one that don't work.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Adding rel="nofollow" to a link would does not affect the function of a link, it just tells (some) search engines "do not count this link as a 'vote' for the site it links to".  Wikipedia has a better explanation, than I can give.

If either of you (Marisa or ddayao) care to provide an example (preferably a link to the page) of a non-working link, I'm sure we can help you diagnose the problem.

5. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

And here I was, thinking I was so clever to have learned some jargon!

I can't recall where I had the trouble, unfortunately.  I came to the conclusion that particular forum must have found some way to block people posting links in their posts - is that possible?

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Forums can have hacks put in (changes to the default software) and stop things like new users from posting live links.

6. ddayao profile image61
    ddayaoposted 8 years ago

i think it might have been something wrong with my connection last night...i tried it this morning and its working again..thank you everyone!