How many page views ever does your most popular hub have?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (46 posts)
  1. MomsTreasureChest profile image84
    MomsTreasureChestposted 9 years ago

How many page views ever does your top hub have?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This question won't really tell anyone anything, since some hubs have been online for many years, and some are brand new.

1. Ben Aidoo profile image61
        Ben Aidooposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think the question should be, how many page views does your top hub get on average every month. This would give hubbers some idea about the traffic baseline to aim for.

2. Lilmsrandom2002 profile image60
      Lilmsrandom2002posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mine only has 19 views....  I am trying to get more views.  So do give up.

3. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

you first

4. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 9 years agoin reply to this

1. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is pretty amazing for one hub. Woot!

I'm curious, Susan. What is your avatar photo of. It kind of looks like someone on some kind of a swing.

1. Susana S profile image93

It's a woman on a swing smile

(Also, it's Susana wink)

1. colorfulone profile image78

Okey, it is someone swinging, "Susana". smile

5. Writer Fox profile image33
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

264,994 (in 1 1/2 years)

6. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have a couple that have more than a million pageviews but they are almost as old as HubPages itself and were peak properties during the massive traffic run-up the entire site experiencd from 2009-2011.

I think it's very useful to individuals to keep cumulative stats but comparing them across users with radically different timeframes has never yielded anything useful to me.

7. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

56,862 views for the past 5 years, the best hub.

2. clivewilliams profile image71
    clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

What! we get views?

3. aesta1 profile image90
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

My seasonal hubs get more views when it is the season but nothing much at other times of the year. Right now, 17 in a day for a popular one or a new one and people here in HP take a look at it. I hope to improve this. The others have a chance but some of them may not really do well. My highest performing hub ever has 1587.

4. makingamark profile image71
    makingamarkposted 9 years ago

I was just about to say nobody with decent views will ever tell you as those who scam sites like this sit and wait on forums like this for people to give away clues as to which sites do really well.

I think I remember a post of yours where you said how many views your website has had. Over 6 million?

1. NateB11 profile image89
        NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. makingamark profile image71
        makingamarkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

A blog is a completely different proposition to a hub! smile

For one thing it's a blog not a hub! My individual posts are more like hubs. However having over 2.5k posts tends to obscure which ones generate the traffic! smile

I just know from Squidoo that the big earning lensmasters used to complain (frequently) that every time people started comparing traffic the scammers would descend and the next thing that would happen is people would find their content scammed and spammed.

In fact one of the interesting facts I noticed is that very many of the bigger earning lensmasters never appeared in the forum - and those that did stayed well away from the threads about views and payouts.

1. Solaras profile image95
          Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How would somebody know which hub or lens was the one to scrape or copy?  How can you tell which one gets the views versus which ones are the duds?

2. Susana S profile image93

It's fairly easy to find out what pages on your site bring in the most traffic, just as it is on mine. High volume of pages would make the discovery process take a little longer, but that in itself is not protection.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image61
      tirelesstravelerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is a valid thought.  My best hubs have been stolen numerous times.  They are not stolen for content but because of the traffic they attract.

1. Solaras profile image95
        Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry, but I still don't understand how someone with no access to your stats knows what traffic each hub generates.

1. paradigm search profile image54
          paradigm searchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There are ways...

paradigm search part 2: the wrath of khan.

1. paradigm search profile image54
              paradigm searchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Now that cracked me up. lol lol lol

I thought you'd like that.

There are a number of ways but I'm not going to explain how here.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image61
          tirelesstravelerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nothing on the internet is private.  There are a variety of ways to access your stats. I can think of ways someone could do it and I am not very tech savvy.

5. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 9 years ago

I have a 328,000 view Hub but it doesn't get so many views these days.

1. Writer Fox profile image33

Many people like you, who were on HubPages before the first Google Panda hit in 2011, report the same thing.  I wasn't on HP then, but you can see the big fall in views when it happened on Quantcast.  It was sadness!

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Quite a few of the high earners from those days had incredible traffic stats.  And some of them used black hat methods which ultimately brought the 2011 Panda attack on the site.  The forums were a very active place during the immediate aftermath.  It was so sudden.  Not everyone was hit but I don't think traffic has ever been the same as pre-panda days.

Here's what HubPages' traffic looked like before and after Panda:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12209319.jpg

It was certainly a sad day. I can remember the awful gut wrenching, sinking feeling so clearly.

I'd just had my best month ever here which wasn't far off $2,000 so I was feeling very optimistic. Then bam. It was like a kick in the guts.

I do think panda needed to happen though and especially to HP. Just sad that so many good hubbers got trampled.

True.  I just checked my analytics from my start date to now and I didn't notice a significant change after Panda.  My highest traffic was Nov. and Dec., 2011.  My highest traffic date was in 2012. 
              I'm nowhere near your traffic stats.  My highest traffic hub has  93,662 views.  But to be truthful, I never imagined I would have as many views as I have.

Interesting smile Do you think your account ever had a panda penalty applied?

That's a lot of eyeballs you've had looking at your work. Good stuff.

I can't say for certain, but I lean towards no.  I certainly have felt/feel site wide effects, but nothing extreme as others have reported.  The last couple of years I haven't done too much with my account as it seems it is much harder to rank well with new content.  As Paul has mentioned in the forums, it takes more time now to write well.  We've learned a lot over the years about how to write and compose, use media rich content, implement effective seo methods, etc., but putting it together and getting it to rank well requires skill and time, and luck.
                  It's taking much longer to reach the million mark!!

I would see that as a good sign (that your subdomain hasn't been pandarised) but I know what you mean about the time factor. I keep having ideas for hubs and then not having the time to write them.

I think it's a lot harder to find promising topics with sufficient traffic potential nowadays.

smile

2. colorfulone profile image78

It is interesting to see that graph.
            It really puts things in perspective.
            Sadly.

Have you done much to try and get the traffic back?

That's not a criticism btw, I'm just wondering. I know a lot of people just abandoned their accounts.

1. Rik Ravado profile image86
        Rik Ravadoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The hub lost traffic because it was linked to a popular TV show season.  Unfortunately, it's very difficult to write high traffic hubs that don't have a sell-buy date! smile

That is very true! It is hard to find truly evergreen topics. I put mountains of effort into a series of hubs that needed almost constant updating...I couldn't keep up with it.

6. earner profile image83
    earnerposted 9 years ago

Just 190,000 ... having said that, I wish they'd ALL had "just" 190,000.

Worst one has had 34 views in 3 years smile

7. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 9 years ago

@WF, that's a graphic look at the deep drop!  It's interesting to note those presumably viral hub spikes in 2014.

Those were from two Hubs that went viral on Facebook.  One Hubber made $5,000 from one Hub!

The last spike at the end of 2014 (September) was when all the content from Squidoo was added.  Traffic went down since then.

1. clivewilliams profile image71
        clivewilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

what?....my greatest hub gave me .45 cents....lol

8. paradigm search profile image54
    paradigm searchposted 9 years ago

625,694 views last time I checked, I even put that tidbit of info in the hub intro. But its time has come and gone, though single-digit daily traffic does still keep trickling in.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)