jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)

Have you ever had a hub get more page views than you thought it would?

1. ChristyWrites profile image81
    ChristyWritesposted 5 years ago

Have you ever had a hub get more page views than you thought it would?

I have been pleasantly surprised by a few of my poems!

2. wayseeker profile image93
    wayseekerposted 5 years ago

I have a very hard time predicting what will be successful.  Sometimes the ones I think will fly flop and often the other way around. 

I agree with you about poetry.  They have been some of the more successful pieces I've written, so I'll definitely be returning to that when I find the time.

I wonder what kind of really strange hubs get huge traffic.  I don't have any myself, but I've seen some here that are on very odd topics that get a huge number of comments.

3. JKenny profile image95
    JKennyposted 5 years ago

Yep, I wrote a hub about the biggest snake ever a few weeks ago, and its quickly become one of my most viewed hubs, definitely didn't predict that.

ChristyWritesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL I need to read that!

4. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 5 years ago

Yes. I wrote a Hub back in April 2011 about "Judging People" (http://hubpages.com/t/249d8b) and it is one of my highest traffic Hubs from Google! The funny thing is that it doesn't get a lot of HubPages Traffic or comments for that matter, but every day it gets decent views from search engines.

I started getting traffic after I edited the Hub a few months ago and added more content to it and also tweaked the title for better keywords. I also have a movie review about the Haunting in Connecticut that does very well on Google although almost no traffic from HP.

On the other hand, I have some Hubs that are well researched and keyword rich yet get hardly any traffic. It's so weird how random certain topics can be in regards to traffic. I just never know what my next successful (or not so successful) Hub will be! Power in numbers!

JSMatthew~

1. J.S.Matthew profile image83
      J.S.Matthewposted 5 years agoin reply to this

As for my poems...I don't get ANY traffic myself! That's why I deleted them as individual Hubs and added them together as a collection, and still get no traffic! Perhaps I am not a great poet...lol

2. ChristyWrites profile image81

LOL JS I doubt that is because you are not a good poet. Maybe it's just that your other hubs are so much more popular in topic. You are right about the randomness of popularity! Great share.

3. J.S.Matthew profile image83
      J.S.Matthewposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the insight ChristyWrites! I appreciate your comment very much!  JS~

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, I wrote a very simple, spur of the moment hub on saving money and it has the highest page views of all my hubs.

My poetry doesn't draw a ton of views but I write that for my own need and pleasure.  But the articles on financial matters and an old college paper on Ibsen's Doll House have surprised me.

Cool thanks duffsmom for the comment. I like to read about experiences of other hubbers smile

6. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

I also have some poems that are doing much better than expected. It's a nice feeling.

Yes it's nice when our poems don't get lost in the bunch isn't it smile

7. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Yes, I have!  I wrote a hub for the weekly Hubmob topic (now called Weekly Inspiration topic) about something vintage.  After I wrote it, I laughed at myself for picking my subject and was sure nobody would be interested reading about an old refrigerator.  But to my pleasant surprise, that hub has become one of my best performing hubs.  Who knew?

Awesome Rosie!

8. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I never really thought about how many pageviews a Hub might get.  But now that I've been here for almost six years, I've got one that has over one million views just by itself.  That is a pleasant surprise.

That's great relache!

2. Jools99 profile image92
      Jools99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think 'not thinking' about how many views a hub might get is probably good advice - I have gotten too wound up in views lately and it should be just about writing what interests you (and might interest other people).

9. Jools99 profile image92
    Jools99posted 5 years ago

I have written a couple of 'funny' poems which have both better than I thought they would, one of them picking up some Google traffic, but I only write poetry occasionally.  My most viewed hub is about British TV but for some reason it has bombed over the last 2 weeks after regularly getting about 400 views a week - which is a pain yikes(

Aw, hope that one does better soon again Jools. Maybe try sharing it on Twitter and other networks again this week to help boost it again smile

10. montecristo profile image82
    montecristoposted 5 years ago

Yes. I had a hub called Do you like to eat? Got more than I expected.

LOL that's a funny hub topic! Thanks for sharing here montecristo

Closed to reply

working