jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

notice that my new hub contains nearly identical info

1. celafoe profile image68
    celafoeposted 2 years ago

I do not believe this because I just finished it a fe minutes agoand my style is very different.    How can we see what they say is the same inf to block us

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you know which two articles the team is referring to, read them side by side to see if the information is similar.  If you can't do this or want specifics, email the team and ask them exactly what the problem is.    Your post gives very little information, but whether you realize it or not, the bots will pick up duplicate content either between your own articles or your own and others.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago

Simply rewriting something that's already been published is known as 'spinning' the content. Could that be the problem?

1. Saphyaire profile image60
      Saphyaireposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you are writing on any common topics, it is very likely that it may match to someone else's content as web has enormous number of article, so its better to stick to own view. I write exactly what I feel, it reflects my own personality and hence most of time those are more 90% unique content

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Your Hubs seem to have a lot of scripture quotes in them.  Does this Hub have Bible quotes too?  That's the #1 reason people get flagged for duplicate content.

celafoeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

yes and any Bile based material will have.    and of course they have probably all been used more than once.      ALL my materials are originals.    If they are going to have the bible based section they will have to do something.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The point is that bible quotes are not original; the original is the bible, not your hub.

The solution is to limit quotations to a small part of the hub.  Keep your own words and thoughts above 80% of the total verbiage.

what you suggest i fine for some things and for those throwing things out to see what will stick, but NOT when honestly explaining in proper context of scripture   its ok I worked around it by using ?

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what you mean - what was your work-around?

But, in very general terms, I would suggest the answer is "no".  My thinking being that if your explanations aren't most of the hub rather than simple quotations, then you don't have enough to say to be writing a hub.  Can you not expand on the "whys" of your answer or in some way add valuable information (not just fluff - that gives the reader nothing)?

2. PlanksandNails profile image90
        PlanksandNailsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Try inserting your Bible quotes within the "callout"  capsule within the editing section of your article.

Insert >> callout >> edit >> callout type: quote >> paste Bible verse >> save

thanks  i will do

working