Declining my content

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Mhermann profile image60
    Mhermannposted 8 years ago

So, hubpages has been sending me emails REPEATEDLY this morning saying that my content has been seen on other sites.

Now, let's be clear. Since I have NO contact with hubpages or the editor, I'm doing what I need to do to provide for my family.

Hubpages is NOT paying me for any of this origianl content or work so I don't think it's fair for hubpages to threaten me with banning me from their site.....

1. Kylyssa profile image89
      Kylyssaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

HubPages doesn't accept duplicate content because it doesn't pay to host duplicate content.

Why not just write new things to post on HubPages or not bother with HubPages in the first place? The rules specifically state you are not to post content you've posted elsewhere. They can't profitably host content they can't sell ads on because other people are already selling ads on it elsewhere. Also, Google downgrades sites that contain duplicate content if those sites are not the original origin of the content.

2. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 8 years agoin reply to this

From the Terms and Conditions of using the site:

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12425384_f1024.jpg

3. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages is trying to help you keep that material published.  If you don't want those emails turn off the notifications and they will only appear in your account listing to deal with when/if you want.  I have my email notifications all turned off because I prefer to just get to it when I have time.

4. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

By signing up to use the HubPages site, you accepted a complicated business contract of theirs, called the Terms Of Use.

According to that user agreement, you said you understood all their  guidelines and would abide by all their conditions of using the site, and that HubPages was within their legal rights to take whatever actions they deemed necessary if your account violated any content rules.

5. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

By signing up to HubPages, you agreed to their terms and conditions.  One of those conditions is that you will post ONLY content you have not published elsewhere.   That's just a fact.

Besides, posting the exact same article on several websites is an old trick that used to work once upon a time, but doesn't work now.  You will still see "experts" advising you to do it, but if you look at the date of the article, you'll find it's a couple of years old (either that, or they are fake experts!).

The reason it's a waste of time is that to make money, you need Google to include the article in search results.   When Google sees two identical articles, it picks one and ignores the other - so even if you have the same article on four different sites, Google will pick only one of them.   I'm sure you've noticed that different sites pay at different levels - so if you're unlucky and Google picks the lowest-paying of those sites, you've just lost yourself income.

So, work out where you earn best, write original articles there and don't waste time duplicating them elsewhere.  If you want to create backlinks to those articles, create new articles don't copy existing ones.

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 8 years ago

I think it's fair.

3. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

HubPages has the right to ban anyone from the site if they do not follow the rules. I would take it very seriously if I got a warning from HubPages by email giving me a heads up about my content.

4. paradigm search profile image54
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

Duplicate content means one is competing against oneself. And Google might end up deciding to hate one or more of the locations where you are posting it, thus essentially declining to index one or more of your entire accounts or websites.

And my above statement is absolutely, totally, and 100% false. Just ask anybody that keeps having to file DMCA's day after day after day...

Hark! I think I'm bored today... big_smile

5. Indianstudent profile image57
    Indianstudentposted 8 years ago

I had the same issue, even my content was original

6. LongTimeMother profile image90
    LongTimeMotherposted 8 years ago

Two issues here.  1) Are you posting duplicate content? Or 2), are the emails telling you someone has stolen and copied your original content?

If you are being advised your original content has been copied elsewhere, you should be grateful for the email. You can lodge DMCAs to protect your work.

If you are posting duplicate content (either written by yourself or someone else), you are breaking the rules.

Either way, I think the email sounds justified.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)