jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Is the word Transgender not allowed to be mentioned or written

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 15 months ago

I've asked two questions today dealing with transgender people in the military and they were denied. I was respectful and honestly wanted to know what people thought What is the problem?

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
      calculus-geometryposted 15 months ago in reply to this

There is a topic tree branch for it, so the word must be okay

http://hubpages.com/topics/gender-and-r … ssues/1997

Perhaps you were denied because they believe the question is more appropriate for a forum.  They have been cracking down on Q&A that are not being used to "inspire hubs" or something like that.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Did you ask questions that would lead to the creation of a Hub?  If not, don't ask in the Q&A area.  That's not what that section is for.

If your questions might have been used to create a Hub, it wouldn't surprise me if a moderator here responded to a wave of complaints against your questions from the military and religious-focused members of the site and denied them.  Transpersons are not allowed to serve openly in the U.S. military and face a lot of discrimination to their existence in general.

1. Stacie L profile image89
        Stacie Lposted 15 months ago in reply to this

There were many reports in the news about the military s plans to lift the ban on transgender members. I do think it was newsworthy and could have made a good hub.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Your questions were not moderated due to the content of the question, but to it being a discussion of opinion.

Questions are intended as a place to ask a factual question from which you can create a Hub.
      For discussions of opinion, please use the forums and not QA.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Topi … d_22576958

2. paradigm search profile image79
    paradigm searchposted 15 months ago

Here's what it is...

You picked a hot button, newsworthy topic. As such, it will generate lots of answers, traffic, and ad revenue.

In the Q&A section, HP only gets 40% of the revenue. In the forums, HP gets 100% of the revenue.

And that is why the rules are what they are.

Me thinks I'm feeling cynical today...

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image87
      csmiravite-blogsposted 15 months ago in reply to this

i was just lurking around until i saw this response from pds! such a  character!  it made my day! bwahaha!

3. 60
    medschoolposted 15 months ago

I don't see why not.