jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Items You Need for Your Dorm Room

1. Lila Raines profile image84
    Lila Rainesposted 18 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Items You Need for Your Dorm Room (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

I've sent it through about 10 times. I took out most Amazon links, added pictures, and changes my opening paragraph. What else does it need?

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Actually it looks like you're selling computers. It looks spammy with so many ads for laptops.

Lila Rainesposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thanks. I have a feeling that that's what it is. Are 3 Amazon products for 1200 words too many. I've seen hubs with far more "spam" passing through which has made me question what is causing it not to pass. Thank you for your time and opinion!

2. Doug Cutler profile image73
      Doug Cutlerposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Looks like you have the same problem I do. Instead of QAP just coming out
      and telling you what is wrong they send you to the help pages and you are left guessing. Then you go to the expert writers as they suggest.

2. 60
    Randall1022posted 18 months ago

Take out the ads.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 17 months ago

I think it is a list based on knowing what dorm rooms are like but you could move the computer down and make it less obvious as a focus because that feels a bit spammy.  Add other low cost important items like the best brand of earplugs (soft vinyl or wax is best IMHO), earphones so you can listen to music and TV without bothering others, etc.

Lila Rainesposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thanks! I like the wax ones too. I made some improvements that everyone suggested and it was approved.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 17 months ago

Just thought you might find this interesting http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/638536/?sc=dwhn

working