jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Ten reasons why you should plan a trip to Uttarakha

1. Pragati Chauhan profile image65
    Pragati Chauhanposted 19 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Ten reasons why you should plan a trip to Uttarakhand (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Jasmeetk profile image74
      Jasmeetkposted 19 months ago in reply to this

nicely written but add some more pics in it. also you can use multiple text modules to make your hub more interactive

Pragati Chauhanposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Thank you! I'll keep your advice in mind.

2. loche profile image74
    locheposted 19 months ago

Your hub is great, you have a great writing style.
    You should have started with some details about uttarakhand since non Indians are also going to read the hub.
    You should consider adding more pictures (with source of pics mentioned) that certainly helps with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Your blog would look much better with a few more pictures adorning it.

Thanks for the review. I'll surely make certain changes in my article.

3. flycatcherrr profile image86
    flycatcherrrposted 19 months ago

There are a number of articles in the Learning Center (http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents) that I  think you'd find helpful, but here are a few suggestions specific to your Uttarakhand hub:

Images

Begin with a full-width photograph to catch the eye.  Add a relevant photograph for each main point you make.  Visual attractiveness is important!

Do check the Learning Center for information on the proper (legal) use of images on hubs - it is not enough simply to name the source; you must also have explicit permission from the photographer to use the image, or it must be licensed for commercial use via Creative Commons, or else a photograph in the public domain.  Here's a link to get you started: http://search.creativecommons.org/?q=Uttarakhand

English

Proper grammar and spelling is vital.  Do proofread carefully to correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and usage. 

If English is not your first language, you may find it helpful to ask a friend who is fluent in English to read over your content and help with corrections. Alternatively, there is a free plugin for the Chrome browser from Grammarly that will help to pinpoint any errors in spelling and grammar.  It won't be much help in fixing errors in idiom, but will give you a very good start.

Format

Use multiple text modules for your content, rather than putting it all in one module. You can make good use of the subheadings in this way, and also you can intersperse photographs with the text, making the page more attractive and more readable.

For each point in your list, use a different text module. Be sure to use the subheading field of each module - this will make your various points stand out to the reader, add structure, and also signal the search engines about what text (keywords) are most important on the page.

Introduction

Rather than talking about the stress of city life, consider telling your readers what Uttarakhand is (a town, a region, a park?) and where it can be found.  Bear in mind that your readers may never have heard of Uttarakhand until now - before you can convince them to visit, you must give a little orientation!

Hope this helps! smile

Thanks! I'll keep these points in mind while making further changes.

working